• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your ideal GM/coacging combo, realistically

Panthers4lyfe

I simply dont understand why anyone would promote MIke Zimmer for the Head Coach positon for the Panthers.

Let's take a look:

Dallas Cowboy DC from 200-2006. A total of four 5 or 6 win season during his tenure.

Atlanta Falcon DC one year, 2007. A total of 4 wins.

Cincinnati Bengals from 2008 to Present. A total of two 4 win seasons.

A Mike Zimmer DC lead team has never won a PLayoff Game in the NFL. Ever.

No thanks. We dont need more mediocrity.

Look at how his defenses performed in those cities. Then tell me how a team's overall record is a direct product of their DC.

I do want someone from with a winning background, but Zimmer is one of my exceptions.

I'm not even going to act like I know anything about these GMs other than what I've read.

I will say that I want a proven head coach. If the choice comes down to promoting another coordinator and RR finishes strong, I'd rather give him another year before rolling the dice on another unproven head coach.

We don't want McDaniel trading away Cam

and Kuechly. Our two young talents. (I.E., Cutler and Marshall)

No thanks. Dumbest idea ever.

You obviously don't give him power over personnel like he had in Denver. He was a good head coach, but a horrible roster manager.

You obviously don't give him power over personnel like he had in Denver. He was a good head coach, but a horrible roster manager.

not sure how he was a good head coach. he got into pissing matches with his top players.

the guy should stay as an OC and let a grown up be the HC.

Archived