• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake Delhomme

UKbillsFan

gunslinger. bret favre lite. don't think of favre the superstar...think of favre the guy who you never knew what was going to happen, if it was going to be a very good day or very bad day.

Like a poor mans Favre? he doesn't have as prolific TDs or INTs.

run first team. gunslinger (debatable by some). average production. can throw up big games and bit throws or can just make you want to throw up.

i wouldn't expect consistent production from him and i would definitely get myself another QB to go with him and play matchups. he should be better this coming year because he will be one year further from surgery, he will/should have a couple better (more consistent) receiving options beyond smith/moose. he has a very good QB coach right now that is taking him back to the basics and keeps him on a short leash.

also he is going to be playing some high powered offenses and will likely have to lead some 4th quarter comebacks or at least play a part in some high scoring games.

use last year as a baseline. 2009 should be better but i wouldn't expect a drastic improvement...just a marginally better one.

thanks man.

What do you think his stregnths and weaknesses are?:confused:

As for what you might be looking for. He has a good comp% but he also throws alot of picks. His QB rating though is most of the time at the top of the league.

I have sigs and avys off, I didn't even know that he has a TB sig, lol

Marvin Harrison? You are an optimist methinks!

I think his stats should be better with that crew. Smitty is great and Moose is pretty good, but that corps you have (besides Smitty obviously) is better than what he actually has right now. Those RBs may not be as good as a tandem as Carolina's this year.

Most of his strengths aren't measurables (hence the reason you wouldn't want him in FF).

I have sigs and avys off, I didn't even know that he has a TB sig, lol

Marvin Harrison? You are an optimist methinks!

I think his stats should be better with that crew. Smitty is great and Moose is pretty good, but that corps you have (besides Smitty obviously) is better than what he actually has right now. Those RBs may not be as good as a tandem as Carolina's this year.

Most of his strengths aren't measurables (hence the reason you wouldn't want him in FF).

yeah thats what Im hoping, my WRs will make him better. Although my backup is.... URGH JP Losman :nonod: So its not like I have anyone who can replace him and do well if needed! But I do have Kolb for the future.

doesnt mean im a bad guy though....does it?

Nope, you're good peeps! (but I will deny that if I am asked later. ;) )

TB fans seldom get on my nerves. LBF was the only one I remember on here who was insufferable. Even on their boards like Pewter Report (from what I have read, I don't belong to any), most of them are pretty decent people.

Yes, 10-15 is very reasonable.

yeah thats what Im hoping, my WRs will make him better. Although my backup is.... URGH JP Losman :nonod: So its not like I have anyone who can replace him and do well if needed! But I do have Kolb for the future.

Oh %@^!@%^@. He's just utterly...well you are a Bills fan I don't have to tell you a thing. Sorry man. :(

You'd better PRAY TO THE FOOTBALL GODS that Jake stays healthy all year.

I assume you can do trades?

Yes, 10-15 is very reasonable.

Oh %@^!@%^@. He's just utterly...well you are a Bills fan I don't have to tell you a thing. Sorry man. :(

You'd better PRAY TO THE FOOTBALL GODS that Jake stays healthy all year.

I assume you can do trades?

Yeah I will probably be cutting Loserman unless some sucker wants him then I can trade him! lol

I would never have drafted him but I wasnt able to draft one night so the commish picked for me :(

Jake is a good QB for this team. His intangibles are off the charts, but his accuracy and decision making are very questionable at times.

Has a pretty good career QB rating, and his Comp. % usually will stay above 60.

Jake can both win you some games, and lose you some. As some have said Favre Lite, but I won't bash him that bad.

Archived