• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake Delhomme

UKbillsFan

Hey guys, Im new to the board but from the time Ive spent here already this place looks like a great football board. As my name suggests Im a huge Bills fan however I am a fan of a lot of players on your team.

I was wondering what your opinions are on your QB Jake Delhomme? I own a team in the NAAFL Simulation League and drafted Jake to be my QB. Jake was the 8th QB on my board ahead of Tony Romo, David Garrard, Jason Campbell and a number of oter big name QBs.

A sim league is not Fantasy Football, its based on stats from last year, we draft a full 53 man roster, salary cap, trade, rookie drafts and submit gameplans each week.

Its very different to fantasy football, a lot more in-depth.

What do you believe Delhommes stregnths and weaknesses are? What are the chances of him improving next season?

My simulation team is based a lot around the Panthers... 2 great Rbs, Delhomme at QB, Steve Smith is also my #1 WR.

Here is a link to my my team Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pEJz2dzG0Si7IPD4w6VWcWQ&hl=en (then click 'Pirates' at the bottom)

Thanks for your time guys. Looking forward to getting to know everyone around here.

If you have any questions about the Sim league and what it is please feel free to PM me.

He won't be much of a FF QB, I can assure you.

Its not Fantasy Football, its based on his stats from last years, we draft a full 53 man roster, salary cap, trade, rookie drafts and submit gameplans each week.

Its very different to fantasy football, a lot more in-depth.

What do you think his stregnths and weaknesses are?:confused:

I'll chime in... I'm bored...

Strengths... good leader, hands the ball off well, has a great connection with Steve Smith, is a gunslinger.

Weaknesses... is ONLY connected with Steve Smith and really doesn't even see anyone else, every 4th or 5th game he loses his mind, is a gunslinger...

How's that?

run first team. gunslinger (debatable by some). average production. can throw up big games and bit throws or can just make you want to throw up.

i wouldn't expect consistent production from him and i would definitely get myself another QB to go with him and play matchups. he should be better this coming year because he will be one year further from surgery, he will/should have a couple better (more consistent) receiving options beyond smith/moose. he has a very good QB coach right now that is taking him back to the basics and keeps him on a short leash.

also he is going to be playing some high powered offenses and will likely have to lead some 4th quarter comebacks or at least play a part in some high scoring games.

use last year as a baseline. 2009 should be better but i wouldn't expect a drastic improvement...just a marginally better one.

I'll chime in... I'm bored...

Strengths... good leader, hands the ball off well, has a great connection with Steve Smith, is a gunslinger.

Weaknesses... is ONLY connected with Steve Smith and really doesn't even see anyone else, every 4th or 5th game he loses his mind, is a gunslinger...

How's that?

Thanks man, thats good (for me) that he is honed in on Smith as he is one of my WRs.

What do you think his stregnths and weaknesses are?:confused:
gunslinger. bret favre lite. don't think of favre the superstar...think of favre the guy who you never knew what was going to happen, if it was going to be a very good day or very bad day.

UK, Keough is a Bucs fan, :)

If it is stats based alone, he will not fare well methinks. Not sure from your description.

My bad, should of guessed that from the sig.

well I have him throwing to Steve Smith, Cotchery, Marvin Harrison, Chris Chambers and Scheffler and Slaton and Kevin Smith at RB so he has many targets which will help.

What do you think his chances are of improving his stats for nexxt year?

Archived