• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likelihood that Gettis starts?

TruCatzFan

57 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gettis start?

• Yes
    • No
    • Why you still no start Gettis Ron????

there sure is a lot of stupid in this thread...........

Gettis was not out performing Smitty, Lafell or Murphy in practice and he is not going to leap over Joe or AE because of their return duties. That's why he was not dressing, not because RR has something against him.

He may have a shot now with the injury to Lafell.

But see, that's the problem with having a lame duck coach. There is little chance that either Murphy or Armanti are on the team next year. Gettis has a chance because he's tall and fast and could fill a potential role in the future.

We aren't going to the playoffs. Why not get him in there and see what he has? We're taking our lumps with other young guys, why are we unwilling to do it with Gettis?

But see, that's the problem with having a lame duck coach. There is little chance that either Murphy or Armanti are on the team next year. Gettis has a chance because he's tall and fast and could fill a potential role in the future.

We aren't going to the playoffs. Why not get him in there and see what he has? We're taking our lumps with other young guys, why are we unwilling to do it with Gettis?

i don't think the coaching staff sees themselves as lame ducks. i think they're at least coaching for their next jobs. the problem with that, tho, is the problem with fox's last year. in both situations they are coaching to not make mistakes, in fact paranoid of making any mistakes so you try and play it safe, but end up doing nothing but make mistakes.

i don't think the coaching staff sees themselves as lame ducks. i think they're at least coaching for their next jobs.

Oh I'm sure they know they're gone, but you're right about them coaching for their next jobs. They are making decisions for the short term as long term questions don't matter to them.

It's a bad situation for the team any way you look at it.

Dude, we're playing he other young guys because they are the one's performing the best.

What more do you want. I heard RR say on the radio before last weeks game that Gettis was

not in football shape, didn't know the playbook and didn't have a chemistry with Cam.

I have to ask you this..........

If he hasn't done the work to perpare himself to play......... why would you want him on the field?

Dude, we're playing he other young guys because they are the one's performing the best.

What more do you want. I heard RR say on the radio before last weeks game that Gettis was

not in football shape, didn't know the playbook and didn't have a chemistry with Cam.

I have to ask you this..........

If he hasn't done the work to perpare himself to play......... why would you want him on the field?

but yet a OG who was signed from off the streets was in better shape, learned the playbook in a week, and had chemistry with the OL/ learned the calls to get more playing time than Gettis?not like Armanti, Joe, or Murphy are just showing so good that they have to stay on field. those guys are just proving that WR is a huge need. lets see what Gettis can offer.

you want to get rid of a good coach but, want to keep a WR that can't get on the field ahead of

AE or Murphy?

Good coach? That is fuging laughable. How many times has Ron mismanaged the game? How many fuging times has Ron's defense laid down and lose the game in the final seconds? How many fuging timeouts/penalties has Ron used/occured because there are too many men on the field?

Good coach? That is fuging laughable. How many times has Ron mismanaged the game? How many fuging times has Ron's defense laid down and loss the game in the final seconds? How many fuging timeouts/penalties has Ron used/occured because there are too many men on the field?

so our coach has had us in quite a few close games? must be doing something right.

The HC can't close the game out...........the players have to learn to do that.

someone needs to step up and make a play at crunch time.

so our coach has had us in quite a few close games? must be doing something right.

The HC can't close the game out...........the players have to learn to do that.

someone needs to step up and make a play at crunch time.

Ron has lost all but two of a game decided by a TD or less, what in the fug are you talking about? Hmmm who's fault is it that we played the same coverage the final drive in the Bears game? Many players questioned that coverage, MANY. Ron is not a good coach, he maybe a good coordinator, but head coaching isn't his calling card.

Ron has lost all but two of a game decided by a TD or less, what in the fug are you talking about? Hmmm who's fault is it that we played the same coverage the final drive in the Bears game? Many players questioned that coverage, MANY. Ron is not a good coach, he maybe a good coordinator, but head coaching isn't his calling card.

he made all the right decisions to get us to a 19-7 lead......right?

funny that your criticism of him would be for defensive calls

Archived