• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Competition at Backup QB

scpanther22

sounds like it.

“There are still some unknowns about both those guys,” Panther coach John Fox said. “They are two gifted players – they've got all the tools. But the preseason will be real important to both of them. Right now Josh is No.2 and Matt is No.3, but our whole football team is an open competition.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/panthers/story/754760.html

it's what has been said all along.

mccown is the back up

moore is the future.

nothing will change in the depth, imo. mccown's game experience is too valuable. he gives us the best chance to win in the short term and i think that the rest of the team has the same feeling and confidence in mccown that gross does.

moore is the project. from all appearances he is the one they would like down the road. mccown is the best back up that you could have for this team but not necessarily the best QB for the future.

I agree. So many people were blinded by the few games that Moore played in '07. McCown still has more game experience and after the way Moore played in last years pre-season, he should be the #3.

meh...i'm not going to hold a preseason game against him. he should be #3 just because the guy that is in front of him is more game ready and he has the support of the team.

It's amazing that this is the first time in his career that McCown will have the same OC for two years in a row. There is no telling how much further along he would be right now, if he could have hooked up with the right team early on. He has all the tools to be a good starter, IMO.

By the time Matt Moore becomes the future he will be old and we will be looking for his replacement

What age do you want your starting QB to be?

I would prefer a new franchise QB to be under the age of 30.

Matt Moore may not start until he Jakes age!

By the time Matt Moore becomes the future he will be old and we will be looking for his replacement

And you know this how? Remember, it took Romo 4 years before he started his first game, so it's foolish to count a guy out just because he had a rough pre season.

I don't give a hot piss who it is, as long as we NEVER have to witness another performance from our QB, such as we saw in our season ending game last year.

I mean I know sh1t happens...but that is tuff for any fan to have to witness all over again.

I don't give a hot piss who it is, as long as we NEVER have to witness another performance from our QB, such as we saw in our season ending game last year.

I mean I know sh1t happens...but that is tuff for any fan to have to witness all over again.

yeah that had to be the worst game any football player has ever had.hope he comes back ready this season.

I wouldn't discount Hunter Cantwell in all this talk. I know he's our requisite undrafted free agent rookie, but he has a laser for an arm to go with an ideal build for the position. With a better senior year, he's a Top 3 round pick.

Archived