• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Peppers owe the fans an explanation?

Nu Guns

Peppers doesnt owe anyone an explanation, an apology, or anything for that matter. Do you want him write you a personal letter explaining why he doesnt want to play for your favorite team? Seriously What exactly is it that you want from him?

agreed... What explanation is there to give? He might want to be traded, there is a franchise tag, either he shows up for camp or he doesn't. There's your explanation.

:party:

I want to know why he made those statements and then disided not to sign his tender??!! Why is this so fuggin hard for some of you to understand?:banghead:

I re-phrased the question earlier....I want the media to find out what went down with him this off-season. They do it with every other major player...why not Peppers.

Perhaps he is declining to talk to reporters, as he and his agent clearly stated earlier. You're demands aren't going to be met, because never see press conferences for these sort of things, as you seem to be expecting for some reason.

I want to know why he made those statements and then disided not to sign his tender??!! Why is this so fuggin hard for some of you to understand?:banghead:

I re-phrased the question earlier....I want the media to find out what went down with him this off-season. They do it with every other major player...why not Peppers.

He already said he felt maxed out which is why he wants to leave. He obviously feels like the coaching staff and the system they run is holding him back. Why doesnt he sign the tender? BECAUSE HE DOESNT WANT TO PLAY HERE! Plus if he signed it the team could have traded him to a team he didnt want to play for. Its self explanatory if you ask me. Not sure why its so confusing to you.

agreed... What explanation is there to give? He might want to be traded, there is a franchise tag, either he shows up for camp or he doesn't. There's your explanation.

QUOTE] See, we just agreed on something. That makes us friends now too. Those are the rules so dont fight me on this. :nono:

Perhaps he is declining to talk to reporters, as he and his agent clearly stated earlier. You're demands aren't going to be met, because A) noone cares and B) it's not that important. You also never see press conferences for these sort of things, as you seem to be expecting for some reason.

Perhaps he is declining to talk to reporters, as he and his agent clearly stated earlier. You're demands aren't going to be met, because A) noone cares and B) it's not that important. You also never see press conferences for these sort of things, as you seem to be expecting for some reason.

Bleys:

I guess your right no one does care, and its not important top most of you guys.

I am a bit shocked by this.

Maybe I am a bit too spolied coming from the tri-state area.

The media up there would never let such a story just dissapear like it never happened.They would be talking about the player, his agent, what happened, why things didnt happen, and where we are now. I know more details about the Thomas Jones situation then the Peppers one.

Either people are going to understand what I am saying or just choose to ignore it and throw out an insult.

I like for a story to have a beginning, middle and an end. Apparently, this story has no middle to it and your all fine with that.

I just want to know what happened here, and I get attacked from all over the place. "He doesnt owe the fans anything" its a business" he doesnt woer an apology" ETC..."

PS changed the thread question....because this got way off topic.

We all would love to know what's going on and why... But when there is no info to get, there is no info to get, which is why you're getting the responses in this thread. I edited my post as to not sound too much of an asshole, lol, but that's how it is.

If all writers are talking about the same thing over and over, we would just have another ESPN in the way they talk about what Favre had for lunch yesterday. I don't find that too entertaining.

Writers have actually responded to you, although not directly, in saying, there's nothing to report. We will have something as soon as there is something.

But talking about Pep and continuing to speculate isn't helping anyone.

I like for a story to have a beginning, middle and an end. Apparently, this story has no middle to it and your all fine with that.

I just want to know what happened here, and I get attacked from all over the place. "He doesnt owe the fans anything" its a business" he doesnt woer an apology" ETC..."

My god son, what about this story don't you understand??

Beginning: Pepper's said he doesn't want to be in Carolina

Middle: Pepper's request to be able to walk, but gets tagged. Then he request to be traded to a team of his choice, so he doesn't sign the tag. Then his incompetent agent fails to find a trade partner before the draft.

Ending: Pepper's will either sign the tag and show up and play, or else he will sit out the season.

Is that good enough for you??

**and this has all be reported in the media, which is how everyone on this board, with the exception of yourself, knows what's going on**

1: Peppers says he wants to get traded to one of four teams. NE,Dallas-never heard a peep on the other two teams. :confused:

2. SILENCE :beatdeadhorse5:

3. Hurney says we want to keep Peppers here...no news there and no news since. :lurk5:

4. MORE SILENCE WAITING FOR DRAFT DAY :banghead:

5. Pats coach says Peppers needs to sign his tender, before anything can be looked at.

Speculation that a deal may be in the works with NE or another possible team on draft day. None of this happens and Peppers has still not signed. ????????? (main part I want to know)

6. MORE SILENCE :banghead:

7. CONCLUSION from most fans- Peppers agent is an idiot.

Peppers played his cards and nothing happened. If Peppers really anted to leave he would have signed-hence more specualtion.

8. SILENCE ENDS- with ignorant comments from Nick Balls. :banghead::banghead:

I dont know why I did not pay attention to the media to get the story?

How come everyone on this board knows what happened to Peppers but me?

How did this happen?

Again and again you mis the point of what I am trying to say here.

"its a business" and I would like the books opened by the media to find out what really happened here. Its not credible to just speculate this his agent is an idiot.

Bring on the pop shots...Im done with this...you either get what I am saying or you dont. You obviously dont.

I am not angry with Peppers for his actions one bit. He can do what he wants and what is best for him. But your attacks are baseless.

We have such a diverse fan base, with a big elelment just looking to fight and thow out insults for the fun of it.

*sigh*

I, along with several other posters, have told you everything that has been reported. But you seem hell bent to find out what more is going on, even though most everything that's been said in this thread makes pretty logical sense when you take into consideration the business side of the sport.

You're right, I obviously have no clue what you're wanting to find out. So because of that, and your resistance to accept that what's been reported is actually the truth, I'm just going to leave this thread and let you continue on trying to find out whatever it is that you want to find out.

He fulfilled his contract. He should be free to go. As a fan of this team, I am disappointed that he wants to leave. If he has a change of heart and plays out his career here, I will certainly cheer for him. I also think he would have his best season ever if he comes back next year.

No, I don't think he owes the fanbase anything but 100% effort while he is on the field.

I understand why you want to know, but really, he gave reasons for wanting to leave. Of course he left the specifics out, but other than calling out individual coaches, there really wasn't anything else to say. So I guess my take on what was going through his mind is exactly what he said, minus the specifics, which would have been inflammatory and potentially cancerous if he did end up playing here this season (which seems all but assured).

As for why he has been silent, I think there are two reasons for that. First, when he and his agent first talked about wanting out and gave the short list of teams he was interested in, he was simply trying to use the only leverage he had to manipulate his situation. He knew the team could, and probably would tag him, but tried to use the media (his only real source of perceived power) to make it less desirable for the team to force him to stay. Personally, I see this as strictly a negotiation ploy aimed directly at the Panthers, but something that would/could never be actually acknowledged publicly. So I don't think we will ever hear the real story with this, although it is pretty obvious.

Secondly, I think after their initial power play failed, he and his agent realized that their ploy backfired and instead of causing the fanbase to pressure the team into letting him go, it turned much of the fanbase against him, many of whom looked at him as a traitor, not to mention feeling like a jilted lover (this should have been anticipated, but this is an area that I think his agent's inexperience was evident). So, rather than keep up a public assault on the Panthers, which would only make matters worse, they decided to go into lockdown mode. And just as their initial attempt to manipulate the situation will never be acknowledged, neither will this. Both involve inner thoughts and private goals which would only make them look more conniving and manipulative in some people’s eyes, thus opening the door to even more ridicule if they ever openly discussed it…even if it was to explain or apologize.

Finally, another thing that I don't believe he can or will disclose is why he hasn't signed the tender. I think the reason is that he doesn't want to have to participate in any team activities prior to training camp. At this point, I think he realizes he will be a Panther this year, so I don't believe he is holding out any hope of a trade or signing with another team. But I don't think he enjoys the mini-camps and OTA's all that much (what veteran does), and since he has not signed his tender, he does not have to be there...even though they are voluntary, there is an assumed expected attendance for all players under contract. But based on what his teammates that have talked to him have said, I do believe he is planning on being there on time for training camp, however, he just wants to train on his own until then.

So, to get back to your basic point, I don't think he owes the fans any kind of explanation on his actions. However, I do think it would be wise for him to publicly explain how his wanting out is not a reflection on the fanbase or the area, just his desire to try something new...in other words, try and placate the fans a bit in an attempt to smooth things over.

So, where's he going? Nowhere, that's where. The Panthers mad sure they had him placed before the whole thing started. They wanted to keep him and they did and for only 2 million more than they paid last year in a year where the cap went up clolse to 18 mil. And you people have a problem with that? WTF?

:lol:

:D I was agreeing with you, that you don't always get what you want. Like Death, I'm sure he would love just one day off. He'd probably be happy with an hour...:lol:

Archived