• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Peppers owe the fans an explanation?

Nu Guns

You guys are old enough to realize that your wants won't hurt you. What you want to happen doesn't mean that it will happen, or even should. Get the fug over it. What really needs to happen is the fans need to offer an apology to Peppers with an explanation of their actions in so viciously attacking someone who played out his contract and expressed a desire to try it out somewhere else. Have none of you ever moved on in a job? You're still with the same company you started with at 16? He who is without sin...

Honestly, I think he's not signing his tender so he can work out on his own in Arizona again for the entire summer and not have to attend to any of the mandatory stuff. Then he'll show up a little late to camp and sign his tender. Dude just wants to be alone.

Both sides of the issue:

The business that the Panther franchise is in is entertainment. A player signs a contract for X dollars to perform for the franchise, thus the customer who pays to watch. If entertainer A is who the customer wants to see then isn't entertainer A driven by the customer? To a large account.

Entertainer A is obligated to the franchise to perform to bring in customers. The obligation stops when the contract has been fulfilled. Once the contract is complete then Entertainer A can do as they please.

The problem lies when the franchise over pays for one entertainer and that hurts the franchise in the long run. Entertainers should be paid on a performance base. Just my opinion.

I think if Peppers had played to his ability each contract year then no one would be complaining. I don't think he should have been paid the whopping money for the years of poor performance. That is probably why some can't believe Peppers is doing what he is.

No he does not owe anyone an apology!!

Who the hell asked for an apology?!!!

This thread is about an explanation, not an apology!!

I am just interested in the story of how this off-season played out.

When other players are unhappy its all over NFL network and ESPN. This situation has been muted. He is the most reconized defensive player the Panthers have ever had. I think the lack of media coverage is due to the fact that we are a small market team, not because Peppers and his agent are staying mute. I expect the the Charotte media to go after this story on how his power play did not work or if Peppers just changed his mind

Does he owe us an explanation? No, he does not.

Would it be nice? Yes, it would be.

With Peppers being notorious for ducking the hard questions, I wouldn't put my money on him coming out and saying anything but the obvious player speak.

"My time here has been great, but I thought a change was needed for me personally going forward. Now that it didn't happen, my focus is 100% back on helping the Carolina Panthers win football games. That's what I do, i'm a football player. We'll talk about next season when it gets here. I can't spend my whole year worried about next year. Somebody ask me some questions about this year".

You guys are old enough to realize that your wants won't hurt you. What you want to happen doesn't mean that it will happen, or even should. Get the fug over it. What really needs to happen is the fans need to offer an apology to Peppers with an explanation of their actions in so viciously attacking someone who played out his contract and expressed a desire to try it out somewhere else. Have none of you ever moved on in a job? You're still with the same company you started with at 16? He who is without sin...

scary-1.jpg

Peppers doesnt owe anyone an explanation, an apology, or anything for that matter. He already said he feels maxed out and he wants a chance to move on. What more of an explanation do you want? He did his 7 years and now he wants to leave. Its his right and he doesnt owe anyone an explanation for it. Do you want him write you a personal letter explaining why he doesnt want to play for your favorite team? Seriously What exactly is it that you want from him?

scary-1.jpg

So, where's he going? Nowhere, that's where. The Panthers mad sure they had him placed before the whole thing started. They wanted to keep him and they did and for only 2 million more than they paid last year in a year where the cap went up clolse to 18 mil. And you people have a problem with that? WTF?

:lol:

Peppers doesnt owe anyone an explanation, an apology, or anything for that matter. He already said he feels maxed out and he wants a chance to move on. What more of an explanation do you want? He did his 7 years and now he wants to leave. Its his right and he doesnt owe anyone an explanation for it. Do you want him write you a personal letter explaining why he doesnt want to play for your favorite team? Seriously What exactly is it that you want from him?

I want to know why he made those statements and then disided not to sign his tender??!! Why is this so fuggin hard for some of you to understand?:banghead:

I re-phrased the question earlier....I want the media to find out what went down with him this off-season. They do it with every other major player...why not Peppers.

Archived