• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Peppers owe the fans an explanation?

Nu Guns

For close to $17 million, I would hope that he would be able to at the very least provide consistent pressure as well as double digit sacks, cause (directly or indirectly) at least 4 turnovers and have 2 or more game changing plays.

Other than that, short of criminal activity or producing a horrid R&B album, I couldn't give a rat's ass wrapped in a used Kleenex what he does.

The NFL is a business , so we should not care who is on our team and if they stay or go? I could go out in my front yard and take a dump on his jersey and when my neighbor yells out to me "what the hell are you doing??!!" I will say I dont owe any explanation to you ! I am doing whats best for me, and my investment.

Its a business didnt you know !!??

The Vick theory:

Dog fighting is a business. He was merely trying to do what he thought would be best for him, which includes torture , electricuting and gambling of domestic animals while he let his agent to try to work out a trade for him. It was all business. He doesn't owe the fans anything.

A better comparison would be something like this...

I'm working at a job that I don't really like, or feel that my skills are being under utilized. I want to find a job that I like, or that fully utilizes all of my skills.

So I go out and start to look for a new job.

Then your neighbor that lives down the road somehow gets word that you're looking for a new job and wants to know why. But lets say that you don't like this neighbor, or perhaps don't think it's any of his business, so you don't tell him why.

This is pretty much where we are in the Peppers situation.

Yes, I was being a bit of a smart ass.

But players saying "its a business" will not get any sympathy from the fans. We all know its a business , but when they make that much money the fans dont want to hear that garbage.

Look all I am saying here is I am interested in the story. The whole situation is a bit odd dont you think??

We assume his agent is a dud , but if Peppers really wanted to get things moving he would have signed is tender.

He does not need an agent to point that out.

When other players are unhappy they get a lot of media coverage - Johnson, Mcnabb, Boldin to name a FEW.

Maybe I should re-phrase the question.

Does the media owe the fans an explanation of what went down with Peppers this off-season?

A better comparison would be something like this...

I'm working at a job that I don't really like, or feel that my skills are being under utilized. I want to find a job that I like, or that fully utilizes all of my skills.

So I go out and start to look for a new job.

Then your neighbor that lives down the road somehow gets word that you're looking for a new job and wants to know why. But lets say that you don't like this neighbor, or perhaps don't think it's any of his business, so you don't tell him why.

This is pretty much where we are in the Peppers situation.

Except that the neighbor is also a customer or a client of the company you work for.

Except that the neighbor is also a customer or a client of the company you work for.

I see your point, but since the neighbor is a customer/client of THE COMPANY, it's still not his/her business and you wouldn't owe said neighbor anything if you wanted to leave for a better opportunity.

Peppers doesn't owe the fans an explanantion or an apology. If he comes back and plays to his capabilities, especially with a new defensive staff and scheme, all will be forgiven (at least until he hits free agency again).

I see your point, but since the neighbor is a customer/client of THE COMPANY, it's still not his/her business and you wouldn't owe said neighbor anything if you wanted to leave for a better opportunity.

Peppers doesn't owe the fans an explanantion or an apology. If he comes back and plays to his capabilities, especially with a new defensive staff and scheme, all will be forgiven (at least until he hits free agency again).

That's a good point. I think if anyone owes anything it would the panthers organization's responsibility to the PSL owners and fans in general to give some details. Just as a company may want to give some comfort to cliests about a top employtee. But as far as Peppers needing to give personal details beyond a canned press conference I agree that's his business.

Guess all of us need to go back to Jobs we left or got fired from and explain the reasons .

I'm sure we all have fans or people who liked us that wonder to this day What the H--l happenedto old whats his name :D

Even if we talked to a few , the real story would never be known .

Same with PEPPERS

What went through his mind ?

Agents?

Panthers Mang ?

Coaches ?

Players ?

Other owners &Coaches ?

All the above you will never know

It is probably just as simple as My Contract is over,

I've Lived my whole life living in N C

I would like to live somewhere else now .

Only Peppers will ever know

no. i don't want one either.

i just want him to get out on the field and tear apart the NFCS, AFCE, NFCE, AZ, and Minny...and get us a ring.

it's just business and at this point him playing gives us the best chance to win next year.

Archived