• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwayne Jarrett among top 10 receivers ready to break out.

The Answer

Good point but I think the passing game will be a little more prominent than last season. Teams are probably going to try and replicate the strategy Arizona used in the playoffs; stack the box and force Jake to beat them.

Easier said then done with double trouble and our offensive line.

Reyshawn Terry played 4 years at UNC. He was always on the verge of greatness. Never happened; lesson, don't put too much stock in what a player CAN be.

I'm ready to SEE something out of this Jarret kid. It's starting to get annoying that we have no other young receiver that can be a GO TO guy like Steve is.

I would be more than satisfied with 350 yards and a handful of touchdown catches. If he did that, i'd be confident in his ability to be the heir apparent to Moose.

agreed, kind of. I'm not so much worried about the amount of catches he gets, or the yards he gets. Since he won't be the target of a lot of passes, or even be on the field a lot of times, I would just like to see him come up big in big situations.... Score some touchdowns, get a couple of needed first downs when we are having trouble moving the ball, etc. To see him progress to the next level does not mean he needs 60 or 70 catches and 750 yards receiving, it is him making the most of the opportunities that he is given. If this means stepping up as the #2 so be it (Moose has only played in all 16 games in 6 of 13 seasons).

We gave Shelton how many years again? Doubt seriously they'll let Jarrett walk before his rookie contract expires, especially since he's done what Shelton couldn't - improve.

He's a runningback, who never showed promise in his skills for me at least, also you're an idiot.

Reyshawn Terry played 4 years at UNC. He was always on the verge of greatness. Never happened; lesson, don't put too much stock in what a player CAN be.

I'm ready to SEE something out of this Jarret kid. It's starting to get annoying that we have no other young receiver that can be a GO TO guy like Steve is.

you haven't seen anything out of jarrett?

what has he done with the chances that he had last year? do you think it was enough to win him the #3 spot behind smitty and moose? apparently the team did and that is as good as you are going to get when you have those two in front of you. smitty, there is no way that he will be able to be passed while he is still in his prime. moose just has far too much to offer as a receiver and a blocker. his experience and comfort level with jake is far too important. getting the #3 spot is no small feat.

what has been seen from jarrett is growth and maturity and an improved work ethic. what has been seen is a kid that has made the most of every opportunity that he has been given in the last year...limited as those opportunities may be. i saw a kid that showed that he could make the tough grab and could be counted on to come in on 3rd down and get you that first.

next year, with twice as much playing time, he will show that he can be that guy you can look to in the red zone who is going to be able to make that big catch over the head of midget CBs.

He's a runningback, who never showed promise in his skills for me at least, also you're an idiot.
Oh wow... you are so good with the name calling skills. Mom must be proud..

They are both kids who got paid to play professional football, who were picked in the second round, and that's where the relevency comes from. Shelton got chance after chance from Fox, and folks are thinking they'll let Jarrett go so soon? I don't see it happening, especially since Jarrett seems to be doing much better since Moose got here.

Now, was there a particular reason you felt the need to call me names? Or are you just lashing out due to lack of penile amount that makes a gnat vastly your superior?? Just wondering where the hate is coming from...

Archived