• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots Giving up on Peppers Trade?

PhillyB

Personally I was always a bit astounded that a guy like Pep would WANT to play for Belichick. Pep strikes me as the type of guy who would love to play for a guy like Wade Phillips. Perhaps he never did want to be a Patriot, since he wouldn't sign his tender as Belichick mentioned publicly.

Personally I was always a bit astounded that a guy like Pep would WANT to play for Belichick. Pep strikes me as the type of guy who would love to play for a guy like Wade Phillips. Perhaps he never did want to be a Patriot, since he wouldn't sign his tender as Belichick mentioned publicly.

Really Peppers is a weird dude IMO. I mean he is not outspoken but last year in his play you could tell he was not happy. He said things then did others and now we are all :confused: of what the hell he is gonna do next. For all I know he could show up for TC happy as a kid with ice cream. When we figure Peppers out we will all be millionaires cause hitting those lotto numbers should be a simple task.

Key word, "assumed."

This. I'm not so sure that the Pats were ever interested in Peppers. You know they don't like paying players big money. And you know that Billechek will throw up a smoke screen any time he can...

Finding out what happened to Peppers is the main reason I visit this website. Still no news, not even any decent speculation.
speculation is boring concerning peppers. everything has been rehashed over and over and over.

no one involved is saying anything outright but the team is acting like he will be coming back but won't be back until training camp. you listen to them talk and that is what it sounds like. peppers isn't saying anything to the media so you aren't going to find anything out there.

the best thing that you are going to find is what beason says here. he is one of the few people that peppers will talk to and it is pretty well known that they do talk a good bit.

he is trying to talk peppers into it telling him it is a good thing but things he says will make you think that he already knows that peppers will be back.

sure they would tag him again. you don't pay a guy that much money, and assuming peppers will have a good year trying to impress another team, he will still have high value. they will NEVER just let him walk for nothing. at least not unless he plays another 2 or 3 years and waits out the money/skill ratio where he isn't worth keeping anymore. but for now, he's still worth about 1.2 to 1.5 million per sack.

If Peppers was ever going to be moved he had to sign the tender, he didn't do that. So it's either sit and lose 17 million or be a Panther, play hard as possible and try again next offseason.

It's almost impossible for us to take him again, he'd cost almost 19/20 million if we did so.

If Peppers was ever going to be moved he had to sign the tender, he didn't do that. So it's either sit and lose 17 million or be a Panther, play hard as possible and try again next offseason.

It's almost impossible for us to take him again, he'd cost almost 19/20 million if we did so.

yep, but I'm just beginning to think he's stupid enough to sit for a year.

but for now, he's still worth about 1.2 to 1.5 million per sack.

That's what his boyfriend said. Seriously folks, I'm not sure the homo angle has been explored here. I heard from a guy that doesn't know Peppers that Julius was upset about breaking up with his dude, who he believes is named Terrence. Something to consider.

That's what his boyfriend said. Seriously folks, I'm not sure the homo angle has been explored here. I heard from a guy that doesn't know Peppers that Julius was upset about breaking up with his dude, who he believes is named Terrence. Something to consider.

I thought Terrence was your guy?...

C'mon, be more creative. It's been said before, but so has the amount of women that he had at UNC as well. So what is the truth? Truth is, it's none of our business...

I thought Terrence was your guy?...

C'mon, be more creative. It's been said before, but so has the amount of women that he had at UNC as well. So what is the truth? Truth is, it's none of our business...

Be more aware of obvious sarcasm. There is no news. Not going to be any news. That's the point.

But I'm sure the players sincerely appreciate your concern with their privacy.

Archived