• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our new coaching staff..

Panthers4lyfe

If there is one player I'm 100% without a doubt certain we won't be drafting, it's Te'o. A) Hurney's gone. B) it would be absolutely retarded to draft ANOTHER MLB when we still have needs at DT, S, OL, WR and at the very least there will be very good talent and value at DT and OL available, and C) Hurney's gone.

If we're gonna draft Te'o we might as well trade back into the 1st to draft Barkley and then trade up again to draft that UNC RB.

yeah let's draft another linebacker in the top half of the draft

while we're at it we should also shop our 2014 first round pick around so we can trade back in to the first and draft a running back.

really what is this obsession some people have with luxury picks? at some point we're going to have to compromise and take need over BPA especially if a monster like lotulelei is on the board. it doesn't matter if te'o is "another ray lewis"-you realize that ray lewis has haloti freaking ngata, the best nose tackle/3-4 DE in the league, eating up blocks for him, right? whatever configuration of linebackers we could come up with in our regular old 4-3 would be disgusting if we had an elite nose tackle chewing up blocks up front.

who would our nose tackle be in a 3-4 anyway, sione fua?

I might be the only Panther fan who thinks this but if we get the #1 pick I would draft Teo.Dude is without question the best player in this draft,he has Ray Lewis type of potential.Yeah we dont need another LB but Teo is too good to pass up.

We would be set for the next 7yrs with Luke/Teo leading our defense,im sure we could trade Beason for a draft pick he still has value around the league.

this is what im getting at.. he is by far the best player in the draft. while it may not be a position of need, you add him and kuechly together and their potential is limitless.. the ray lewis comparison is perfect. We need people with his attitude on the field. if t'eo is there when were on the clock we got a tough decision to make

Guest Pablo Honey

Just went through this thread and put every user that thinks it would be a good idea to draft Te'o on ignore.

You obviously have no credibility as a poster and your opinions are meaningless and frustrating.

again, ray lewis has haloti ngata eating blocks up for him.

linebackers in the top half of the draft are a luxury pick in today's NFL. if you're looking to build a defense the right way, they should be the cherry on top when you've already got a strong defensive line. average linebackers have a much easier time making plays with a strong defensive line than vice versa. they're a lot like running backs; that is to say, line play is more important than necessarily having "elite" talent or athleticism at the position.

Most important piece in a 3-4 is the NT. Star is a NT and a good one. Only way they make the switch is if they get a chance at him simple and plain.

Star is actually a DE in a 34. He's not big enough to be a true NT.

Think Haloti Ngata.

yeah let's draft another linebacker in the top half of the draft

while we're at it we should also shop our 2014 first round pick around so we can trade back in to the first and draft a running back.

really what is this obsession some people have with luxury picks? at some point we're going to have to compromise and take need over BPA especially if a monster like lotulelei is on the board. it doesn't matter if te'o is "another ray lewis"-you realize that ray lewis has haloti freaking ngata, the best nose tackle in the league, eating up blocks for him, right? whatever configuration of linebackers we could come up with in our regular old 4-3 would be disgusting if we had an elite nose tackle chewing up blocks up front.

who would our nose tackle be in a 3-4 anyway, sione fua?

Ngata isn't the NT for the Ravens, he's the DT/DE position. Kemo is their starting NT.

But yeah, I agree with your point. We need to stop thinking about these positions that we are loaded at. This is why the BPA draft strategy only works if you have an already winning team, not a team needing lots of pieces.

Ngata isn't the NT for the Ravens, he's the DT/DE position. Kemo is their starting NT.

But yeah, I agree with your point. We need to stop thinking about these positions that we are loaded at. This is why the BPA draft strategy only works if you have an already winning team, not a team needing lots of pieces.

he gets some snaps at nose tackle on occasion. i edited my post to clarify after the fact but you beat me to it. i always think incorrectly of ngata as their NT but it's true that they brought maake back in.

Star is actually a DE in a 34. He's not big enough to be a true NT.

Think Haloti Ngata.

I actually had this conversation with my buddy yesterday during the SEC championship. He figures there are only about 4 to 5 real NT in the NFL Ngata being his favorite. We got into the conversation of who he would draft if the Top LT/DT/CB/S/WR were on the board. We both agreed on DT, where we differed is I was ok with stay 4-3 but he would go 3-4 in a heartbeat....

We got into the discussion of can Star be a NT. I said the "experts" think he could play either.

But to be 100% honest with you I have zero clue since I haven't watched him play enough. One of the guys over at an inferior site threw up the dream scenario of KC letting Dorsey walk us signing him cheep (he is being misused and is better as a 4-3 DT) and drafting Star.

Hardy/Star/Dorsey/Johnson is a line you could put up against any team.

Of course where do we get the money and the magician to pull it off.

I actually had this conversation with my buddy yesterday during the SEC championship. He figures there are only about 4 to 5 real NT in the NFL Ngata being his favorite. We got into the conversation of who he would draft if the Top LT/DT/CB/S/WR were on the board. We both agreed on DT, where we differed is I was ok with stay 4-3 but he would go 3-4 in a heartbeat....

We got into the discussion of can Star be a NT. I said the "experts" think he could play either.

But to be 100% honest with you I have zero clue since I haven't watched him play enough. One of the guys over at an inferior site threw up the dream scenario of KC letting Dorsey walk us signing him cheep (he is being misused and is better as a 4-3 DT) and drafting Star.

Hardy/Star/Dorsey/Johnson is a line you could put up against any team.

Of course where do we get the money and the magician to pull it off.

Again, Ngata isn't the Ravens' NT. Kemo is their NT, along with Terrence Cody when he's not too fat to play. Ngata plays the outside DE/DT position in the 34.

Archived