• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else have beats? I got some cause CAM NEWTON has them too

CardiacCats

I stand by my JVC Marshmallows... and I got them for less than $15...

I think it is insane to spend more than that on headphones if you aren't a recording studio owner/engineer...

Those are the ones I linked two posts up. They are fuging amazing for the price. Literally the best pair of earbuds that I've ever owned. They are the best sounding with the best external noise canceling of any earbud that I've ever used, including some very expensive brands.

I've never understood how people are comfortable tuning out the outside world by running/walking/doing whatever in public with their earbuds in. What happens if someone needs to get your attention? Do you just not listen loud enough that the world is completely tuned out?

I use mine when I am working out in my gym... on a plane... on a long car ride where I'm not controlling the radio...

But, I just don't "get" folks that go out in the world with their tunes blasting in their ears...

I'm not judging... I just don't understand it, really...

tell you what... imo, headphones are a great investment... you can get the equivalent of a $10,000 audio setup for $300ish... as long as you don't mind listening by yourself.

get yourself a good pair of cans and a decent headphone amp... it'll blow your brain. I'll take great headphones over mediocre speakers all day long.

I don't see them as an investment though... Do you have to listen to music so bad that a $15 pair won't work? It isn't a need. It is a desire that companies make money on just because they are name brands. It is like designer fashion... A $200 pair of jeans does the same job a $20 pair does.

I guess my nitpicking on the issue is just not being able to understand how people are so self centered that they listen to so much music and tune out the entire world, requiring them to make such an investment.

Don't get me wrong, because I've worked in the music field and can see the importance of clarity in music. But, my Marshmallows offer the best quality of anything I've ever used.

I love music.....It's a distraction and makes running that 4 miles go by faster..that and listening to myself breathe in and out really fast kind of creeps me out..

Understandable. I love music too!

However, what happens if someone is trying to audibly get your attention for whatever reason?

I just see it as switching off the outside world, which to me is just unsafe when you're in a public place.

I don't see them as an investment though... Do you have to listen to music so bad that a $15 pair won't work? It isn't a need. It is a desire that companies make money on just because they are name brands. It is like designer fashion... A $200 pair of jeans does the same job a $20 pair does.

I guess my nitpicking on the issue is just not being able to understand how people are so self centered that they listen to so much music and tune out the entire world, requiring them to make such an investment.

Don't get me wrong, because I've worked in the music field and can see the importance of clarity in music. But, my Marshmallows offer the best quality of anything I've ever used.

There is a substantial performance difference between a $15 pair of jvc earbuds and a $300 pair of beyers. It's not just about the name brand... I've owned tons of $15 and $20 headphones... there's nothing wrong with them at all (i still love sony earbuds)... but if you're going to say that high quality headphones and speakers are the same as designer jeans... you really don't know what you're talking about. You may not think they're worth the money... but there is a significant difference... not to mention I've owned my best pair (paid $250ish) for close to 10 years... they're FAR better quality than equivalently priced speakers and I've spent $25 a year in headphones? bet I spend less per year than most people who buy the cheapies...

now, how does buying headphones make me self-centered?

I just see it as switching off the outside world, which to me is just unsafe when you're in a public place.

I certainly wouldn't wear them while riding a bike... running/walking, yeah I've done that, but you have to stay aware (which you should be anyway...)

I like the fact that I can go in the gym, put in my earbuds and be in my own little world. I'm in there to workout not gab and goof off.

If you workout with a partner (which I normally don't) it's not that great, but working out alone it allows me to concentrate on my workout so much more... not to mention the extra pump you get when it's the right song.

You know, like...

Archived