• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else have beats? I got some cause CAM NEWTON has them too

CardiacCats

Welcome to the world of wireless headphones for working out and yard stuff. We've been expecting you for the past 2 years. :) lol

Psshh, you know you have these....

r2-d2-headphones-550x431.jpg

made by monster cable.

anybody who knows anything about audio understands what that means.

I don't, tell me.

Welcome to the world of wireless headphones for working out and yard stuff. We've been expecting you for the past 2 years. :) lol

Yeah, I got those like last November after searching for decent ones for quite a while....

made by monster cable.

anybody who knows anything about audio understands what that means.

but they've got gold contacts and they cost a lot which means they're great

back on topic though these are my favorite headphones of all time:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000065BPB/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1JSP13F5SGCXNB6PDMPH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

I don't, tell me.

Yeah, I got those like last November after searching for decent ones for quite a while....

means high price, shiny/fancy exteriors and mediocre quality (at best.)

monster cable pioneered the practice of charging insane prices for cabling during the car stereo hay-day. people thought because they were so expensive they had to be awesome, then couldn't admit to themselves that they'd been duped... so here we are... similar business plan to bose, except bose actually has a history of designing speakers.

the headphones are built to put out bass. most people think that equates to quality because they're accustomed to total crap sets that project mid-range almost exclusively. If you compare them to a pair of free iphone earbuds they sound great... if you compare them to a $90 pair of sonys they sound like hot garbage.

you wanna drop $300 on a good set of cans? get some beyer-dynamics.

edit: BEAT to it...

i got suckered in to wiring up my entire guitar rig/pedal board with probably $200 worth of monster cables when i was 16 or 17. they felt nice and heavy and had shiny connectors but still shitted out in the same amount of time as the unbranded crap on the bottom shelf at the music store. when i unscrewed the jacks, there was also heatshrink around the solder lugs and wiring so that i had to mangle it up with a razor blade to fix the broken connection. great job.

I stand by my JVC Marshmallows... and I got them for less than $15...

I think it is insane to spend more than that on headphones if you aren't a recording studio owner/engineer...

tell you what... imo, headphones are a great investment... you can get the equivalent of a $10,000 audio setup for $300ish... as long as you don't mind listening by yourself.

get yourself a good pair of cans and a decent headphone amp... it'll blow your brain. I'll take great headphones over mediocre speakers all day long.

Archived