• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Jake actually been underrated? Perusing passer rating.

top dawg

It is only part of the story, true. Also have to take into account the era they played in, and the type of offense they play in. I think Mr. Scot (and others) would likely want to see WCO QBs given a little bit of an asterisk due to the QB rating friendly nature of their offenses.

Yep, and it could also be said that our offense is on the other end of the spectrum, as far as QB rating friendliness.

Yep, and it could also be said that our offense is on the other end of the spectrum, as far as QB rating friendliness.

Im assuming you say this because we are a run-first oriented offense?

It should be easier to throw with our offense. You may not have as many attempts, but when a defense keeps lining up for the run, passes should become a little easier.

pete

Im assuming you say this because we are a run-first oriented offense?

It should be easier to throw with our offense. You may not have as many attempts, but when a defense keeps lining up for the run, passes should become a little easier.

pete

It's because we are a big play offense. If you want me to go more in depth I am more than willing to.

Yep, a high risk/high reward type pass offense (which it is the way he plays in it) usually leads to worse QBRs than a WCO that's for sure.

Very true and that type of offense only works if you have a respectable run game, something that'll open up people down field. Otherwise it's INT, INT, INT.

For example, look at 2006. Down near the goal line we had a tough time getting touchdowns instead of field goals with the run game. DeShaun Foster was no where near a respectable goal line back. That forced us to throw more in the redzone. We all know what happened with that. Jake threw 2 memorable game losing INTs in the endzone that year and we struggled all year to put up 6. This is a case when the defense is already gearing for the pass and more of a risk than a reward.

Where as if we have a run game, we still have something to fall back on in case our QB starts to have a bad game. We're able to take a chance because the defense might not be ready for it. Something that worked very well near the end of 2007 for Matt Moore when DeAngelo began to explode and throughout much of the 2008 season.

This is also one of the differences between the regular season Arizona game and the playoff Arizona game. We had success in both games with running the ball. It's just we passed too much in the second one. The first game you could have Jeff King(dude isn't exactly fast) running a post downfield wide open. The Second one we couldn't, they already knew we were going to pass.

The list is total bs. Jake is definately overrated not underrated.We have been suffering with just an average qb for years. Because of one good game where the some of the best recievers in the game had to make outstanding receptions we have had to deal with Jake( if just a couple of those passes would have hit in stride). We will never win the big one with him and anyone who knows the game knows that in thier heart. And I can not believe that the coaching staff has set back and done nothing and are starting the season with this guy. Hopefully we can find a way to overcome the hole he has us in.

One thing that cannot be disputed is that many teams have won SBs with average QBs or a QB who had an average to below average game in the SB. So even if one thinks he is merely average, to say his presence tanks the chance of winning a SB is an absolutely 100% unsupportable stance.

The list is total bs. Jake is definately overrated not underrated.We have been suffering with just an average qb for years. Because of one good game where the some of the best recievers in the game had to make outstanding receptions we have had to deal with Jake( if just a couple of those passes would have hit in stride). We will never win the big one with him and anyone who knows the game knows that in thier heart. And I can not believe that the coaching staff has set back and done nothing and are starting the season with this guy. Hopefully we can find a way to overcome the hole he has us in.

One good game? hah!

What a LOSER. Go back to the Atlanta Falcons board . . .

WrongAnswer.jpg

I knew I was going to get hit by the Jake lovers, but thats ok I love you guys anyway. Ok he did have more than one good game but I do stand by the fact that we will never win the big one with him. Even the average ones talked about above could hold it together. And Quasi, sorry I touched a nerve but loser or not I want the best for our team and Jake is not it and he hasen't been it. We have superstars in waiting and at the most important position we have mediocracy.

I knew I was going to get hit by the Jake lovers, but thats ok I love you guys anyway. Ok he did have more than one good game but I do stand by the fact that we will never win the big one with him. Even the average ones talked about above could hold it together. And Quasi, sorry I touched a nerve but loser or not I want the best for our team and Jake is not it and he hasen't been it. We have superstars in waiting and at the most important position we have mediocracy.

Are you a professional scout and someone who actually has a clue or is this your expert opinion because you are a fan and have watched lots of games??

Players and coaches say he is the one, You say he isn't.

Tell me again why we should listen to you.

At least you could try for a cogent argument.

Go join the other bitchers who have nada.

Archived