• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera vs. Gettis

Proudiddy

Because the one thing you cant find out until he hits the field is "IS he game ready?". . . Is he ready to go back across the middle or is he gonna be looking for the hit before the catch and just endanger himself through his own fear. He needs to have more than a healthy body, his head has to be right too. He's got to be ready to BOOYA, take that hit! and hold the ball like a fearless caged animal.

Last I heard, he wasnt right in the head yet.

Fair enough.

Would like to hear more about the not right in the head thing. Was your source a player, a coach, the media, or call-in sports radio?

Fair enough.

Would like to hear more about the not right in the head thing. Was your source a player, a coach, the media, or call-in sports radio?

my source was Gettis himself, go back and watch what he says in interviews. . he mentions nerves and fear and that it has to come back to him in time.

wow, that catch he made last monday in double coverage with defenders all over him was a big moment in his career I think. 50 yard bomb, hands in his face, bodies bumping and changing his momentum and trajectory, made the catch at the highest point with two hands and then secured it. Defenders called for interferance and he still made the play.

Yeah Murphy sucks lol. . . that catch was nothing short of "fahking amazing"

That was a great catch. He also had a crucial third down conversion catch that game. But overall this year don't you think he has been lackluster, dropping passes that should have been caught?

For CRA and those that say Gettis isn't playing due to not being in game shape, and how it would be nearly impossible for him to be in game shape after the long layoff, I have but one question...

Why the hell did they activate him off the PUP list?

Again, why does Steve Smith need a full training camp and preseason to be in game shape? He should be more like Gettis I guess.....

You activate him off PUP to see if he can earn his way onto the field.....not to just randomly leapfrog him over everyone else. There is also a numbers game for spots in play.

Pretty sure some relatively unbiased reporters have said he hasn't looked good in practice in recent weeks.

Riviera hasn't figured out how to manage the game clock, took half of the season to figure out the read option blows, cant figure out how to use 100 million dollar back field, can't close a game but hes going to make an executive decision and say Gettis isn't ready on a 3-8 team. Cam zero's in on Smitty first, Olsen second and barely gets a look at a third....put his azz in there as a decoy and run those DB's ragged if hes so fast, he'll get in shape then......my big ol butt...

I think its fair to say that for all the reasons mentioned above (limited reps, chemistry with cam, timing off, etc.) you wouldn't be getting an accurate look at him anyways. He would appear much worse than he actually is.

like how Plaxico came from off the streets to still start for the steelers?i do understand its different situations being compared because they had a lot of injures to their WR group, but still that is bs.it has been seen that guys can come from off the street and produce at a decent level, so why cant a guy who has been practicing for 3 weeks.

Archived