• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera vs. Gettis

Proudiddy

not like he wasnt in TC last year, and has had a play book for over a year. plus im pretty sure he has been taking mental reps from the sideline when not getting treatment.

Fact remains, one has 10 years under his belt vs a guy with 1. That is huge.

Second, Smitty, LaFell and Olsen are all 3 better rec targets. Gettis is in the mix with the next tier. Bridges is in the mix for the main gig.

They aren't comparable

Second, Smitty, LaFell and Olsen are all 3 better rec targets. Gettis is in the mix with the next tier. Bridges is in the mix for the main gig.

They aren't comparable

Gettis was a much better target than Lafell.

They aren't comparable

not like the guy hasnt played football before either.they are if you consider Gettis has experience playing WR(would push for #3 spot) and returning KO. you know like i do, that Rivera dog house is a bitch to get out of.

so even if the player is not in shape and not on the same page with the QB.........

we should bench someone else in order for him to play because ??

You honestly believe Gettis isn't in shape? He has seen time on the field, and is consistently regarded by players as one of the fastest guys on the team. Not in shape my foot.

...until he and Rivera got into it. It's just a bunch of bologna that people are buying.

You nor I have absolutely no idea how good he is now. That's the whole point of the thread.

One could use common sense and basic reasoning to make an educated guess....

Gettis, right now, isn't a better overall player than Smith, Olsen or LaFell.

One reasonably could assume he would fall somewhere near Murphy overall.

You honestly believe Gettis isn't in shape? He has seen time on the field, and is consistently regarded by players as one of the fastest guys on the team. Not in shape my foot.

...until he and Rivera got into it. It's just a bunch of bologna that people are buying.

Steve Smith is in shape in the offseason. Smith also has repeatedly said it takes a full training camp and then preseason to legitimately work your way into game shape

Gettis was a track star. I highly highly doubt he would allow himself to get out of shape. He's probably never been out of shape in his life.

If there were some physical problem, Rivera wouldn't have stuck him in for 2 plays and yanked him out again. If a guy is really either injured or out of shape, you don't toy with them and their health. You put players in the game who are healthy, and if they're not, you keep them out.

Putting him in and yanking him out is sending a message.

Damn, the dude's played the WR position his entire life. Yeah, he only had one NFL season and then missed a whole season but there's no way in hell he could be any less of a reliable target than Armanti Flippin Edwards. I'm not saying play him a whole game, but it would definitely do him good to get maybe a rep or two in the next few games playing against other teams where he can start to get back the feel for the game.

I'd rather him go ahead and take his lumps refamiliarizing himself with the position at the tail end of a dead end season rather than crossing my fingers and hope he works out at the beginning of a new one.

One could use common sense and basic reasoning to make an educated guess....

Gettis, right now, isn't a better overall player than Smith, Olsen or LaFell.

One reasonably could assume he would fall somewhere near Murphy overall.

It's not common sense or reasoning at all if you're simply basing your guess on what Ron Rivera has done with the situation, and that is truly all that you have to go on.

Gettis was a track star. I highly highly doubt he would allow himself to get out of shape. He's probably never been out of shape in his life.

If there were some physical problem, Rivera wouldn't have stuck him in for 2 plays and yanked him out again. If a guy is really either injured or out of shape, you don't toy with them and their health. You put players in the game who are healthy, and if they're not, you keep them out.

Putting him in and yanking him out is sending a message.

You are confusing being in shape with football shape.

But the bigger picture is......he is competing for a spot to be our rec 4th target. We don't have lots of plays for that role right now

It's not common sense or reasoning at all if you're simply basing your guess on what Ron Rivera has done with the situation, and that is truly all that you have to go on.

So then you are arguing Gettis, today, is a better rec target than Smith, Olsen or LaFell? Which ones?

I am fine with Gettis taking Edwards spot on KOs and getting his WR roster spot that way. Giving him some of Murphy's rare work. Other than those situations.....he doesn't deserve much more

Archived