• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera vs. Gettis

Proudiddy

Most WRs take a full TC and entire preseason to get into game shape.....

Kid hadnt played in over a year.....2 weeks of practice doesn't get him ready

Problem is, during the Broncos game 2 weeks ago Phil Simms said during the broadcast that Gettis looked really impressive all week in practice and would be a huge contributor to our offense for years to come... That's an awful lot of praise for someone to be out of game shape.

The way Rivera handled the Otah situation makes me think that Rivera has no sympathy for injured players.

Maybe his career was relatively injury free or maybe he was good at playing through them. I don't know, but he seems really unsympathetic.

If I were a young player, I would be cautious. Most of these guys only have one shot at a fat contract.(unless, of course they are lucky enough to play for Marty Hurney)

Problem is, during the Broncos game 2 weeks ago Phil Simms said during the broadcast that Gettis looked really impressive all week in practice and would be a huge contributor to our offense for years to come... That's an awful lot of praise for someone to be out of game shape.

I was able to get on "moving the chains" radio show yesterday and talk to Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan

regarding the Panthers. I knew Ron Rivera was coming on as a guest and got them to ask him

about Gettis. I even told them I had heard what you quoted Phil Simms saying. They all laughed at

the fact that Phils Simms was basing his observation on Fri./Sat. walk- thrus and not actual

practices. From what Ron said,Gettis is not quite in game shape and is not on the same page with

Cam as far as running routes in practice. He also said that with AE and Joe being WR's and

performing well with their return duties and Smitty,Murph & Lafell there really wasn't room for him to

be on the active roster. So, unless Gettis really starts "flashing" in practice or returning kicks.........

we won't be seeing him playing anytime soon.

Archived