• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huge game for the future of the franchise?

ctrcat

With the new GM and new coach (let's be real) needing all of the help they can get, I literally get ill thinking about winning any of these remaining games. Especially when reading an article like this, http://nflsfuture.com/2012/11/16/is-luke-joeckel-capable-of-being-the-top-pick-in-aprils-draft/, Logically, at this point at least, with the Chiefs and perhaps Jaguars not having OL as their biggest need, it's reasonable to think that the loser of this game might lean very strongly towards taking this guy that some actually think is better than Joe Thomas and Matt Kalil.

Of all the remaining "must lose" games, I consider this the most important-one meaningless win or protecting our QB for 10-15 years?

For anyone that disagrees, would you trade one of our 7 wins in 2007 (Denver also had 7 but won the tiebreaker), that would have given us Ryan Clady over Jeff Otah? (highly probable we would have drafted Clady and gotten a RB (we took Stewart) later, with no need to trade for Otah) (Not to mention the 1st round pick in 2009 we gave up (could have been Hakeem Nicks), 2nd in 2008 (could have been Desean Jackson, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, etc.) and 4th in 2008 (could have been Jacob Tamme or Carl Nicks). Sure, it was under Hurney, but the new GM/coach MIGHT actually know what they're doing, and winning that ONE extra meaningless game DID change everything!!! And it wasn't for good!!!!

Doesn't matter how/what/when/where/to what extent, just LOSE!!!!!

Please pay no attention to those voices in your head.....they are not you friend.

Saying it's not wrong to want to lose and it's ok to sacrifice a season sounds the same as wanting the team to lose imo. Either way, you went from its ok to sacrifice the 2010 season to losing is never ok which is still a contradiction.

so i disagree with what i said then. not a big deal. have you never had an opinion at one point only to later find out that it wasn't right or that you don't think that way anymore?

at any rate, one thing i have been saying in these discussions is that there is no player in this draft or need so great that it would be worth it to tank or lose out.

cam and luck were unique situations. sometimes in unique situations you find yourself compromising ideals that you normally wouldn't. call it a momentary lapse of reason. it happens.

either way, i don't think that it's worth it to lose out and i won't cheer for them to do so. the team has lost enough.

as a side note, it's a bit funny to me that an effort was made to find some post i made where i disagreed with myself. hardly think it's worth the effort, but whatever.

so i disagree with what i said then. not a big deal. have you never had an opinion at one point only to later find out that it wasn't right or that you don't think that way anymore?

at any rate, one thing i have been saying in these discussions is that there is no player in this draft or need so great that it would be worth it to tank or lose out.

cam and luck were unique situations. sometimes in unique situations you find yourself compromising ideals that you normally wouldn't. call it a momentary lapse of reason. it happens.

either way, i don't think that it's worth it to lose out and i won't cheer for them to do so. the team has lost enough.

as a side note, it's a bit funny to me that an effort was made to find some post i made where i disagreed with myself. hardly think it's worth the effort, but whatever.

A search is hardly any effort. Just find any Luck thread and it was full of retarded posts. And changing opinions is fine but you should own up to it instead of lying.

A search is hardly any effort. Just find any Luck thread and it was full of retarded posts. And changing opinions is fine but you should own up to it instead of lying.

it's not lying if i didn't remember saying that. and i didn't deny it after it was pointed out, did i?

being wrong just isn't that big of a deal to me, neither is being right.

how did i lie?

Umm weren't you doing that when we had Clausen?

ummmm.....no.

i didn't have to. i wanted to win, but i was also cheering on the other teams to win who were close to being worse than us, but there really wasn't anyone.

As I said, I've never considered a bad memory a reason to say it wasn't a lie but to each their own

I want to see my team win. Al Davis said it best. Top draft picks doesn't always pan out great so why tank your current season just to get better positioning in the draft? These are professionals who take pride in what they do and truthfully many are playing for the jobs so no.

We will be fine. All I do as a fan, is watch, cheer and enjoy the games. I'm not a gm so I will not worry about draft picks or salary caps because that means nothing to me. I just want to see my boys win!

Archived