• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Joeckel, draft's top prospect?

ctrcat

http://nflsfuture.com/2012/11/16/is-luke-joeckel-capable-of-being-the-top-pick-in-aprils-draft/

The loser of Monday's game "might" just have the advantage to draft this guy. This is actually more of a "must lose" game than the Chiefs game is, as I doubt they would draft a OT with their first pick. It makes me sick to think of us being favored by 3. The new GM and coach will need all the help they can get.

But you can't pass up on a franchise can't miss LT who currently is ranked no.1 in this class of prospects. Jk

Honestly, I don't know what the Chiefs are going to do. They most likely won't have a coaching staff next season, Scott Pioli probably won't make it to the end of this season, and the team could be losing some pivotal starters (Bowe, for example) to Free Agency.

But, with Jeff Allen (who they selected last year) and Branden Albert who is still playing out a large contract, I don't think they go with a LT, seeing as either of those guys can play LT, and play it well.

Honestly, I don't know what the Chiefs are going to do. They most likely won't have a coaching staff next season, Scott Pioli probably won't make it to the end of this season, and the team could be losing some pivotal starters (Bowe, for example) to Free Agency.

But, with Jeff Allen (who they selected last year) and Branden Albert who is still playing out a large contract, I don't think they go with a LT, seeing as either of those guys can play LT, and play it well.

Think he's taking a jab at Bwood.

Ah.

I see.

It's still an odd jab, since I do believe that Joeckel is the #1 prospect in the Draft, lol.

I beleive Chucks stance is that elite LT don't win rings.

Well as I look at it Joeckel can't pass the ball and he sure as hell can't make Cassel or Quin play at a high level. Even if there isn't an elite QB (in somes opinion) Chiefs have to reach for a QB.

If I was the Chiefs, I think I'd try and get Glennon in the 2nd, if he falls that far. I really believe that Glennon could end up being the 2nd best, if not the best QB in this draft.

It's funny, this year's Draft has a lot of QB talent, but it's not where people think it is. The perception is that Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and Tyler Wilson are the top QBs when it actually might be Mike Glennon, Zac Dysert, and Aaron Murray as the best QBs.

Archived