• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is not a happy thread

My one sentance review of the Fox Sports first annual NFL organizational rankings as compliled by that most fantastic of commentators, Adam Schein:

Adam Schein can kiss my hairy manhood and nuzzle the coin purse with that obnoxious nose of his.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9601836/Ranking-the-NFL:-Insider-grading-on-every-franchise

Seriously, does he even watch football or does he just look at three year old stat sheets and assume based on overall popularity? And even at that he fails. Pittsburgh is a worse franchise than New England? This is a great example of why you should never try to apply math to a pure opinion.

Ugh...and I'm trying to be fugin nice here....I'm pretty sure my verbatim opinion on this would be deleted and I'd be banned.

Anyway, here's the Panthers' ranking, for what it's worth anyway (which is exactly as much as a cup of elephant shi....happy pretty clouds, happy pretty clouds...)

17. Carolina Panthers

Overall Score: 56.5

Do you believe in Jake Delhomme? I'm not convinced he has much left in the tank and generously gave him a 5. Is Ron Meeks the right hire for John Fox? I'm not convinced of that either. Carolina's coaching staff recorded a 6. But Fox (7), Marty Hurney (8.5), Jerry Richardson (8.5), and a relatively new yet very passionate fan base (7 for intangibles) helped out in key categories.

Ok...I'm done now... Dammit I hate the offseason.

Okay, I knew he was full of crap when I saw Atlanta at #6 ahead of Green Bay, Cowboys, Phins.

I stopped reading that crap. But it's the offseason. He's got to at least look like he's trying to earn his paycheck.

One thing I have noticed is how similar all of these rankings are. Sure they might be off by one or two here and there but how often does one guy put a team at 17 for example that someone ranks a 7 or 8. Yet we know that some teams ranked high will end up being a pretender while others will do much better than they are ranked. I think there is a "group think" where one ranking affects the other. Guys are almost afraid to deviate much from their bretheren. They would almost rather be wrong as long as it is wrong together. That way they all talk about how no one saw that one coming.

Just an observation......

I don't put much stock in assessments like this. Think about it, he rates the Cards higher than most other teams. The Cards, forever it seems, have had the worse ownership in pro sports (with the possible exception of the NBA's Clippers). I truly believe last season was the proverbial "every dog has its day" for them. Carolina will be alright this season if we stay healthy and get some depth at key positions, like the O-line..

Archived