• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwayne Jarrett

ncguy2184

I don't agree that all number 1s have to be quick and speedy but it helps. I do agree with you that they have to get separation and be good with double teams since other teams will scheme to take them out of the game. There are receivers who are big physical guys who run good routes and can muscle defenders and establish position and can be a good number 1.

Look at Moose for example. He was our number 1 receiver when Smitty went down in 2004 and had his best year ever. He surely was never confused with a speedy quick guy. Guys like Burress, TO, Fitzgerald all use their size and route running more than speed and quickness to get open.

I meant to put down that you needed to be quick, speedy, or be able to create separation with route running.

Not meaning to bash Jarrett at all, but I am not totally convinced by watching him that he can handle the double team.

I meant to put down that you needed to be quick, speedy, or be able to create separation with route running.

Not meaning to bash Jarrett at all, but I am not totally convinced by watching him that he can handle the double team.

I would like to see him handle the single team this year before I would believe he can handle a double team. He has lots of potential but right now that is all it is.

Archived