• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwayne Jarrett

ncguy2184

Colbert actually had a good rookie year.

:biggrin: (Keary Colbert impression.)

More like a great rookie year. Apparently him and Moose got together and decided to make Delhomme look good in 04, since Smitty wasn't there to do it.:)

More like a great rookie year. Apparently him and Moose got together and decided to make Delhomme look good in 04, since Smitty wasn't there to do it.:)

...Then Moose left and Smitty came back and Keary decided to become the antithesis of Smith. So he smiled all the time and dropped all his passes...

Apparently Colbert should've had a lot more than he did in his rookie season but dropped a LOT of balls. Something like 60% of passes is all he caught IIRC.

It was expected he'd fix the problem, but with Carter pushing him for time, Smith coming back and the myriad of other fug ups we had in the years afterwards across the offense he seemed to fall into the background.

Jarrett has a good chance to be a complete player because Fox was willing to sit him and guys like Smitty told it like it was. He neded to hear that so he won't become the next Mike Williams.

Hopefuly he was paying attention

yeah...situation is much better all around than what williams had in detroit (followed by oakland? :lol:).

on top of detroit being run poorly, at that time they had the most self centered and self absorbed bunch of losers in the NFL. there was nothing good about that team.

jarrett has had some good leaders surrounding him giving him the attention and direction he needed. it worked on smith. i think it will work on jarrett.

I don't think that Jarrett has the speed or quickness to create separation on his own, and that's what you have to have to be a "no. 1".

If he can continue to learn from Moose, he could however, have a very long NFL career as a really good "no. 2".

I don't think that Jarrett has the speed or quickness to create separation on his own, and that's what you have to have to be a "no. 1".

If he can continue to learn from Moose, he could however, have a very long NFL career as a really good "no. 2".

I don't agree that all number 1s have to be quick and speedy but it helps. I do agree with you that they have to get separation and be good with double teams since other teams will scheme to take them out of the game. There are receivers who are big physical guys who run good routes and can muscle defenders and establish position and can be a good number 1.

Look at Moose for example. He was our number 1 receiver when Smitty went down in 2004 and had his best year ever. He surely was never confused with a speedy quick guy. Guys like Burress, TO, Fitzgerald all use their size and route running more than speed and quickness to get open.

Archived