• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stuck with RR until end of the season (from Big Cat JR)

unklebottles

I'll be all right," Rivera said. "No matter what happens, I'll be OK. Whether I'm here next year or not, I will be A-OK. I will go forward. I will make things happen. I will do things. Whether it's here or somewhere else, I will. I believe in who I am and firmly believe in my abilities as a coach."

cam should call him mr. mopeyhead in his next presser

I'll be all right," Rivera said. "No matter what happens, I'll be OK. Whether I'm here next year or not, I will be A-OK. I will go forward. I will make things happen. I will do things. Whether it's here or somewhere else, I will. I believe in who I am and firmly believe in my abilities as a coach."

This says it all

The really sad thing is that this is RR's version of "it is what it is" and JR hasnt got the fuggin balls to do anything about it.

Who cares what the fallout is from firing him?! At 2-8 we are the laughing stock of the league and i dont expect us to get better this year regardless of who the HC is!

...at least we will have an excuse for being as pathetic as we are if we had an imterm coach running the ship.

I fuggin hate JR! Nutless bastard!

This says it all

He sounds like someone who knows their boyfriend/girlfriend is going to dump them and is trying to reassure themselves.

Don't worry Ron, you will be ok. You're a great DEFENSIVE coach, but a horrible horrible head coach.

I secretly wish he would stay here as the DC and build in the promising defense.

Won't happen, but would be great if it did.

Yeah, I've thought about a Gunther Cunningham/Chiefs type scenario, but he was fired as HC and then came back as DC several years later. I don't ever see a guy taking a demotion like that in successive years with as much pride as they have.

I do believe Rivera is a good DC because then defense (what he knows) is his only focus and real responsibility. He struggles in the management aspects of being a head coach - timeouts, game management, in-game adjustments, personnel decisions, etc. When his sole focus and responsibility is scheming for the side of the ball he knows, no problem.

Yeah, I've thought about a Gunther Cunningham/Chiefs type scenario, but he was fired as HC and then came back as DC several years later. I don't ever see a guy taking a demotion like that in successive years with as much pride as they have.

I do believe Rivera is a good DC because then defense (what he knows) is his only focus and real responsibility. He struggles in the management aspects of being a head coach - timeouts, game management, in-game adjustments, personnel decisions, etc. When his sole focus and responsibility is scheming for the side of the ball he knows, no problem.

I agree. He is not fit to be the HC for this team. We need a guy who can actually groom and coach players up. The truth that matters is we need a change of culture. We need somebody to come in and really just change our whole team. Rivera is a good DC. I wouldn't be surprise he lands a job being DC as soon as the season is over.

I secretly wish he would stay here as the DC and build in the promising defense.

Won't happen, but would be great if it did.

That would be great ...he has done well with the defense.I think his fatal mistake was bringing in Chud .I bet if he is a head coach again Chud will not be the OC.

I agree. He is not fit to be the HC for this team. We need a guy who can actually groom and coach players up. The truth that matters is we need a change of culture. We need somebody to come in and really just change our whole team. Rivera is a good DC. I wouldn't be surprise he lands a job being DC as soon as the season is over.

Yeah, and the more I think about it... I have never liked judging someone by their projected personality, and I don't like to judge someone's ability to perform in a certain function solely on their personality either because typically, I don't think it is relevant. But, in our franchise's case, it has been very relevant.

I really hope the next guy we bring in is demonstrative and expressive, but in a controlled manner. We need someone to rile guys up and shake things up on a day to day basis. This ho-hum, "getting better, making progress" crap has gone on long enough and it poisons the locker room.

Archived