• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Freeman or Newton - ESPN First Take (video)

JawnyBlaze

I would say that is an accurate analysis. I'm not sure if Cam will be better than Free but the fact is his situation sucks.

As I've said before, no young QB is pro ready. They all need guidance to become a successful NFL QB. Rivera is a defensive guy that seems to be somewhat hands off overall as a head coach. I stead of teaching Cam how to be an NFL QB, Chud is basing the offense off of college schemes stalling any progression in Cams game. Shula's record as a QB coach is not that prestigious working with the likes of Gerrard and Fielder. Add in the fact that Cam doesn't really have that veteran guy at the position giving him tips and sharing some veteran knowledge. He's got Andersn and Clausen sitting behind him, neither of which has had any consistent success in the league. And ignoring the receiver position as Carolina has makes passing difficult no matter who is behind center.

Now I'm there should definitely be blame placed on Cam but is situation isn't conducive to a young QB or a veteran QB for that matter.

You can make fun of Freeman all you want but he is having a great year.

Freeman has always looked the part IMO but the Bucs quit last year and have traditionally sucked ass.(much like we are now)

Is there a division with stronger QB play than the NFC South? Hard to win here.

You can make fun of Freeman all you want but he is having a great year.

Freeman has always looked the part IMO but the Bucs quit last year and have traditionally sucked ass.(much like we are now)

Is there a division with stronger QB play than the NFC South? Hard to win here.

It's funny, you get good receivers and a phenomenal running game and the QB succedds.. Go figure!

Surprised two of three took Newton.

The usual MO for analysts is to go with whomever's team is winning more games (i.e. lazy analysis).

That clip is a bit misleading. Christian Fauria was also there and took Freeman. So it was split. At the end of the show they took a fan vote and surprisingly Freeman won that as well.

The fact that a QB in his 4th season is being compared to another QB in his 2nd season is stupid to begin with.

And lets throw at all the logic-- Like 1 guy just came off of a beyond shitty year (like the whole team), but yet the team stuck with him and in his FOURTH season (yea he gets 4 seasons before we get to diagnose his entire career), they surround him with great talent and coaching and what do you know, we have a QB!!

Listening to this poo will drive you nuts. Quit watching it.

The fact that a QB in his 4th season is being compared to another QB in his 2nd season is stupid to begin with.

And lets throw at all the logic-- Like 1 guy just came off of a beyond shitty year (like the whole team), but yet the team stuck with him and in his FOURTH season (yea he gets 4 seasons before we get to diagnose his entire career), they surround him with great talent and coaching and what do you know, we have a QB!!

Listening to this poo will drive you nuts. Quit watching it.

Skip took the stance half way through Cam's rookie year he wouldn't judge him like rookies.....allowed him to hate on him and use The Golden Calf of Bristol comparisons

Archived