• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some more Chuck love

JawnyBlaze

I can't really get my brain around "Chuck". I do not approve, lol.

I am also amazed that the DL has been one of the units I look at and go "damn those guys come to play every down every week" and feel good about. They were WAY down on my list of units that might not blow this year.

I understand that and they're doing awesome, but I still wana see consistency out of hardy that's all, and a Alexander is awesome, but just getting one more 1st and second rounder to play to their potential would put us over the top is all I'm saying

the Dline is more than good enough.

i would rather us get a 1st round talent at FS or WR.

I find it refreshing in comparison to all the DWill, JStew, RGIII, MJD, A-Rod, PP7...type crap

still it's just odd.

he doesn't look like a chuck to me. i keep on trying to figure out what coach or former player they are talking about.

crap, i actually think of gruden first because he looks like a chuck.

still it's just odd.

he doesn't look like a chuck to me. i keep on trying to figure out what coach or former player they are talking about.

crap, i actually think of gruden first because he looks like a chuck.

I personally don't like using nicknames. For some reason I prefer using the name given to them by their mothers and fathers or their last name.

I've never made a reference to CJ, the Kraken, and the Edwards "Wall" as members of the Feline D-Line until now.

Please shoot me.

i'm guilty of those. the krakan just seems fitting and is a whole lot more creative than the initial+number stuff and it's not one he gave himself.

CJ just because i'm lazy.

just don't know why it's necessary for everyone to have some cool nickname.

signed,

rayzor

ugh.

the Dline is more than good enough.

i would rather us get a 1st round talent at FS or WR.

Yeah I'd want a FS(or Oline) in the first too, all I was saying was if we somehow got an extra first or second this offseason or during the draft it should be used on a a pass rusher because it would put our pass rush over the top is all I'm saying

Ray Edwards was a simple example of supply and demand...Falcons needed a pass rusher. Charles Johnson was by far the best one on the market. Panthers overpaid to keep him, and he turned out to be a consistent player.

Ray Edwards benefited from playing on one of the best D-Line's in the game at the time. Because of Charles Johnson's deal, Ray Edwards commanded a much higher salary that he wasn't really worth...just because there weren't many other alternatives on the market. Even though it was a small win, I'll take any Panthers victory over the Falcons right now. Keeping CJ away from the Falcons was the right move at any cost.

I just don't quite understood this right here. We paid not only an ascending, young player but also, out priced ATL. But how is he overpaid?

Julius Peppers: 6 years 84 mil.

Mario Williams: 6 years 96 mil.

Charles Johnson: 6 years 76 mil.

Cameron Wake: 5 years 34 mil. (he was paid for being an outside LB at the time)

Elvis Dumervil: 6 years 61.5 mil. (he was paid for being an outside LB at the time)

So we got a statistically better player than those DEs who were paid as DEs, and at a cheaper price.

I just don't quite understood this right here. We paid not only an ascending, young player but also, out priced ATL. But how is he overpaid?

Julius Peppers: 6 years 84 mil.

Mario Williams: 6 years 96 mil.

Charles Johnson: 6 years 76 mil.

Cameron Wake: 5 years 34 mil. (he was paid for being an outside LB at the time)

Elvis Dumervil: 6 years 61.5 mil. (he was paid for being an outside LB at the time)

So we got a statistically better player than those DEs who were paid as DEs, and at a cheaper price.

Charles Johnson is one of the highest paid players not only in the NFL, but in the WORLD.

http://www.therichest.org/sports/forbes-highest-paid-athletes/

He's a good player, but he's not THAT good.

Archived