• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tampa vs Carolina - Round Two !

Well, it is that time again, for our teams to face each other. But this time, it is in your house!

The Saints knocked off Atlanta in NOLA (I thought they would), and we are 5 and 4, sort of in the playoff hunt. But first, we have to beat you guys again, and that is NEVER easy.

Since we played you guys the first game, we have "discovered" our offensive firepower. This feels very weird, since we always won on defense before. Our pass defense is terrible, but we are stopping the run.

Some people here in Tampa are kind of looking past this game, expecting us to win, and win big. I am not one of them. Of course, I hope we win, but I think if we do win, it is gonna be close.

Our 2 Pro Bowl Guards (Nicks and Joseph) are gone for the year, and Quincy Black, a starting Linebacker, just went down last game for the year! Aquib Talib has been traded, and we are super thin in the secondary.

I look forward to a great game Sunday!

you look a little like that Heaven's gate guy, not a diss you remind me of him

Thanks I guess, I never watched Heavens Gate.

I am as puzzled as you guys must be as to what what happened to your season ?

I picked Carolina to win the NFC South this year, especially after Cam lighting up the NFL last year. I thought you guys had an excellent draft, and especially wanted Kuechly to play here in Tampa.

I picked Carolina to win the NFC South this year, especially after Cam lighting up the NFL last year. I thought you guys had an excellent draft, and especially wanted Kuechly to play here in Tampa.

Number of reasons the panthers are underachieving... Cam not progressing as well as we'd like, though he still gives the team a chance to win. A lot of bone headed plays by players that should be on the bench or reserved to special teams only.

But more than anything, Chudzinski has gone full retard with this read option offense. I think he's starting to reel it in, but the damage is done and the coaches have lost the players in my opinion. Luckily, the team's still playing for pride.

As awesome and efficient as Tampa's offense is right now, imagine that your OC Sullivan came up with the idea during the offseason that the Bucs should completely ditch the scheme that's so successful right now. Instead, you're now going to run a scheme that is based on Freeman running (not Martin, he'll only get about 5 carries per game), and deep throws that take 5-8 seconds to develop.

That's what happened to our season.

As awesome and efficient as Tampa's offense is right now, imagine that your OC Sullivan came up with the idea during the offseason that the Bucs should completely ditch the scheme that's so successful right now. Instead, you're now going to run a scheme that is based on Freeman running (not Martin, he'll only get about 5 carries per game), and deep throws that take 5-8 seconds to develop.

Would our o line be good or bad?

Well, it is that time again, for our teams to face each other. But this time, it is in your house!

The Saints knocked off Atlanta in NOLA (I thought they would), and we are 5 and 4, sort of in the playoff hunt. But first, we have to beat you guys again, and that is NEVER easy.

Since we played you guys the first game, we have "discovered" our offensive firepower. This feels very weird, since we always won on defense before. Our pass defense is terrible, but we are stopping the run.

Some people here in Tampa are kind of looking past this game, expecting us to win, and win big. I am not one of them. Of course, I hope we win, but I think if we do win, it is gonna be close.

Our 2 Pro Bowl Guards (Nicks and Joseph) are gone for the year, and Quincy Black, a starting Linebacker, just went down last game for the year! Aquib Talib has been traded, and we are super thin in the secondary.

I look forward to a great game Sunday!

you'd better hope that your o line is prepared without them, because our d line has been on fire

you'd better hope that your o line is prepared without them, because our d line has been on fire

We are very very thin at O Line, and the latest word is that Both Zuttah and Meredith are injured or sore. Here, I just read this.

Dark Clouds Gathering Over Offensive Line

November 14th, 2012

zuttah-grade.png

Bucs starting left guard Jeremy Zuttah was held out of practice today as the wear and tear of playing guard was catching up with him, said Bucs coach Greg Schiano.

Yes it looked very bad this afternoon when Joe saw right guard Jamon Meredith hobble noticeably when he was quickly whisked out of the Bucs locker room before any of the Tampa Bay pen and mic club could have a few words with him.

Meredith apparently suffered a nasty left foot injury of some sort and has his foot wrapped and was on crutches. His locker is right next to the entrance to the locker room and Meredith was helped out of the locker room, limping considerably, just as the open locker room session began.

Meredith’s injury — its severity is not yet public but Joe can say there is no way he could have stepped on a football field today and played — isn’t the lone bump or bruise the Bucs are concerned about on an offensive line already wracked by injuries.

Bucs left guard Jeremy Zuttah was held out of practice today with a sore shoulder. Bucs coach Greg Schiano tried to downplay it saying that Zuttah had just gone through two “physical” games at left guard since replacing Carl Nicks and Schiano wanted to make sure Zuttah was healthy enough to start Sunday at Carolina.

“What kept him out was the game [last Sunday], he got bumped a lot,” Schiano said. “His shoulder, we just want to make sure he is OK to go. he had a great game Sunday. He’s had two physical games at that position we just want to make sure he is ready to go Sunday. hopefully he is ready to go tomorrow.”

Schiano went on to laud Zuttah for being such a team player in a league full of me-first players.

“First thing is, the thing we really talk about here is to be an unselfish teammate and I think that is what Jeremy has done,” Schiano said. “He finally had a chance to be the center and was moving along and all of a sudden , the best thing for the team was to move back to guard. Trust me, I’ve know the kid a long time. He did not want to do that but he did it for the team and has really played well.

“I know flying back [from Oakland], that was a physical game. and this week he plays another physical game. I have to make sure we have him for Sundays. We don’t have many more moves left.”

Mind you Schiano stated this knowing about Meredith’s injury.

It didn’t sound dire about Zuttah, based on what Schiano said. But, in the worst-case scenario, if both Zuttah and Meredith can’t go, that means the Bucs have lost four of five starting offensive linemen, with Donald Penn being the lone starter still standing (though Jeremy Trueblood is still a backup).

If Bucs offensive line coach Bob Bostad can pull through that mess, then the man truly deserves a raise.

Six of us are travelling up from Tampa for the game Sunday. Can any of you suggest a good place to tailgate around the stadium? We've never been to Bank of America Stadium, but the facility and the surroundings look incredible. I'm not here to talk smack..just looking for a good place to grill out and have a few beers with fellow NFL fans. Please reply or email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Rob

Archived