• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera's Doghouse is Killing Us

Ruff

Seriously, think about it.

Instead of putting in Sherrod Martin, who is obviously a better player than Nakamura, he continuously goes with Nakamura in his Martin's place, because Martin had a bad season last year.

Joe Adams is in the same boat. The guy is a rookie, and he fumbled twice in one game. Instead, you put in Armanti to return kicks and Captain (who has to be exhausted after playing his ass off on defense) to return punts when he obviously isn't a natural punt returner.

What about Gettis today? Sure, I think that Gettis probably has some rust on him. But, Gettis goes out for a play, then comes back to sideline and gets yelled at.

Instead of putting in Sherrod Martin, who is obviously a better player than Nakamura, he continuously goes with Nakamura in his Martin's place, because Martin had a bad season last year. Plus last year was his first year in this new system. I think the defense as a whole didn't really understand what to do, or how to do it. New coaches bring in different schemes as well as techniques. Couple that with the lack of an off season, and the kid had a hard time picking it up. His issues were mental, not physical. Naka has the athleticism of a middle school bus driver. Special teamer at best.

Joe Adams is in the same boat. The guy is a rookie, and he fumbled twice in one game. Instead, you put in Armanti to return kicks and Captain (who has to be exhausted after playing his ass off on defense) to return punts when he obviously isn't a natural punt returner. Adams was the best returner in college last year, actually the most exciting college returner I've seen in awhile - in the SEC no less. Give him time to develop. Take a few lumps, but when he gets there, we'll have a playmaker/game changer in the way Hester changes games. How are his miscues any different from Amini, or Nortman, or Bell (last year), or any other rookie we have starting on this team?

What about Gettis today? Sure, I think that Gettis probably has some rust on him. But, Gettis goes out for a play, then comes back to sideline and gets yelled at. This gets me more than anything. I just can not understand how your biggest WR who is also your fastest WR, with great hands, and who is one of the best route runners on the team, how can you justify not playing him.

Had to bring this post back up. It's more important than we give it credit.

Instead of putting in Sherrod Martin, who is obviously a better player than Nakamura, he continuously goes with Nakamura in his Martin's place, because Martin had a bad season last year. Plus last year was his first year in this new system. I think the defense as a whole didn't really understand what to do, or how to do it. New coaches bring in different schemes as well as techniques. Couple that with the lack of an off season, and the kid had a hard time picking it up. His issues were mental, not physical. Naka has the athleticism of a middle school bus driver. Special teamer at best.

Joe Adams is in the same boat. The guy is a rookie, and he fumbled twice in one game. Instead, you put in Armanti to return kicks and Captain (who has to be exhausted after playing his ass off on defense) to return punts when he obviously isn't a natural punt returner. Adams was the best returner in college last year, actually the most exciting college returner I've seen in awhile - in the SEC no less. Give him time to develop. Take a few lumps, but when he gets there, we'll have a playmaker/game changer in the way Hester changes games. How are his miscues any different from Amini, or Nortman, or Bell (last year), or any other rookie we have starting on this team?

What about Gettis today? Sure, I think that Gettis probably has some rust on him. But, Gettis goes out for a play, then comes back to sideline and gets yelled at. This gets me more than anything. I just can not understand how your biggest WR who is also your fastest WR, with great hands, and who is one of the best route runners on the team, how can you justify not playing him.

Had to bring this post back up. It's more important than we give it credit.

I don't think having any of these players involved would win them games.....but Rivera shows all of the characteristics people didn't like about Fox but without any of the good characteristics.

i agree except i fail to see the good characteristics of fox.

if you mean the first 3-4 year version of fox, sure...but not the one we had for the last several

imo, rivera just picked up where fox left off.

I don't think having any of these players involved would win them games.....but Rivera shows all of the characteristics people didn't like about Fox but without any of the good characteristics.

I think Martin does a much better job against Roddy White than Naka, if only for the first play of their game winning drive. That was a punt pass that should at the very least been knocked down. Martin makes that play easily.

So, you're satisfied with Armanti, Pilares and Munnerlyn at returns? I think Holliday and Hester showed us the importance of having a legitimate threat at returner can do for you. Holliday ran one back, but Hester gave Chicago great field position all day while barely touching the ball.

And I don't care how you spin it, Gettis is a major upgrade over Murphy. I think he forces defenses to at least account for him because of his speed. That will allow more one on one coverages for Smitty. And the more of that you see, the better chance this team has of winning.

But maybe you're right. maybe we don't win any more games. But at the very least, we develop talent that can contribute in the near future in positions of need.

Archived