• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams defends Jake

dpanthersman

And for the record:

1) Darin Gantt was only making a tongue in cheek comment on the over the top anti-Jake crowd. It wasn't an insult, as so many have taken it, but just a little poke in the ribs as he was making his point.

2) Jake had a decent year last season. Nothing spectacular, but if he had played in the playoffs as he had played throughout the regular season, then we would have had a very good chance of getting to the SB. And nobody, not even the most ardent Jake hater, could have predicted the level of his meltdown in the playoff game.

3) Jake gets into trouble whenever he feels he has to make something happen instead of letting the game come to him. This is when he starts to force things, and when his mistakes go up exponentially...which is what we saw in the Cardinal game.

4) And no, throwing it to a covered Steve Smith is not a particularly high risk or chancy throw...how many ints have come from that play and how many catches and TD's? FAR, FAR more fall into the latter category. Also, that play has been successful so often that it is not logical to simply pass it off as luck or a Smitty bail out...it's clearly something that they work on, and a play that both look for in certain situations.

the jake to smitty connection has made the panthers what they are the last 6 years

He knows who is the best offensive player on the field kudos to him. Fact is Smitty bails him out a lot though on his bad passes cause he goes after everything and fights for every ball.

He knows who is the best offensive player on the field kudos to him. Fact is Smitty bails him out a lot though on his bad passes cause he goes after everything and fights for every ball.

THAT could be argued about any of the great gunslingers of the NFL

Jake gives him the chance to make those plays. Some QB's are afraid to do that because it can cost them a job.

I think a lot of the reason Jake is who he is and a gunslinger is because he sit the bench so much, and when he finally got his chance he said; "screw it, i am gonna go out and sling it and see what happens"....

good for us.

Well said, woodie!

Seems like to cool of a guy to pull a TO for the media but I doubt it was all "love" after that AZ loss towards Jake.

One time I got pissed at my friend. EFF HIM! He isn't my friend anymore. :rolleyes:I'm glad his teammates judge him on more grounds than what some fans do. I also think they know more than any of us how much that surgery may have affected him too. Not from his complaining about it because he doesn't make excuses. Just observation probably.

It isn't like he or Smitty are saying he had a good game, they both acknowledge that it was a bad game. But of course the rest of their answers are just PC BS, only that was the truth. :rolleyes:

THAT could be argued about any of the great gunslingers of the NFL

Jake gives him the chance to make those plays. Some QB's are afraid to do that because it can cost them a job.

I think a lot of the reason Jake is who he is and a gunslinger is because he sit the bench so much, and when he finally got his chance he said; "screw it, i am gonna go out and sling it and see what happens"....

good for us.

Of course he's a gunslinger I'd be one too if I knew my number 1 wideout could do this and make it look easy.

0:09-0:22 seconds in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtzT7YTzGHU

Nobody questions his heart and will to win but I question if he can be better than average and not take risk that kill us so often.

A starting running back in the NFL says something nice about his starting QB for the media. Shocked. Really, I'm shocked.

He is supposed to say that. He also means it sincerely. Teammates do not very often throw other teammates under the bus. It just does not happen.

That is the job of the fans if the fans so choose.

Any Jake fans who look at DeWill's quote as proof of how good of a QB Jake is for our system looks a bit desperate though. After all not only are the guys teammates and the QB just got a long extension, but Deangelo has one of the best attitudes in the NFL and could probably find something nice to say about Bin Ladin if a camera was in his face.

I heart Deangelo Williams.

Waits for someone to say "He supposed to say things like that."

I wonder who it will be? Emoticon-Think.gif

Looks like it was you.:rolleyes:

A starting running back in the NFL says something nice about his starting QB for the media. Shocked. Really, I'm shocked.

He is supposed to say that. He also means it sincerely. Teammates do not very often throw other teammates under the bus. It just does not happen.

That is the job of the fans if the fans so choose.

Any Jake fans who look at DeWill's quote as proof of how good of a QB Jake is for our system looks a bit desperate though. After all not only are the guys teammates and the QB just got a long extension, but Deangelo has one of the best attitudes in the NFL and could probably find something nice to say about Bin Ladin if a camera was in his face.

I heart Deangelo Williams.

That's who I was waiting for.... :lol:

Teammates do not very often throw other teammates under the bus. It just does not happen.

Unless your name is Terrell Owens.

It can't be considered a bad pass if Smitty catches it.:D

Archived