• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams defends Jake

dpanthersman

Go back and look at the stats before deciding he was half bad the whole season. Against Arizona during the regular season he was 20 for 28 for 248 yards, 2 TDs, ) Ints and a passer rating of 122.

Against Tampa the second game he was 14 for 20 for 173 yards, 1 TD, 2 Ints and a passer rating of 73. Not great but not bad.

He had three poor games with ratings below 70. Raiders, Tampa 1, and Chicago. We won 2 of the 3.

Compare that to Brees who had 6 games with a rating below 70. And Matty Ice who had 5 games below 70.

Neither of them have taken the beating that Jake has. It was all over one playoff game not the regular season.

Committee for accuracy in bitching............

lol... amen to that

That strategy's been tried already, and more than once.

It doesn't work, primarily for one reason.

Steve_Smith.jpg

said it before I could... I was about to say, I'd LOVE to see teams stack the box. Smitty 1 on 1? Whaaat?

Not to mention Moose is a solid #2 who happens to get open from time to time (didn't he have a few catches last year?)....

I think people may be eating some crow next year...

I think you're all full of poo, but leaning toward the Delhomme returning crowd. I mean, the team made a strong decision. Either you're for us, or juist want to set up a reason to be a little bitch next season every time he's not perfect, (which non of us ever said he was)...

I think you're all full of poo, but leaning toward the Delhomme returning crowd. I mean, the team made a strong decision. Either you're for us, or juist want to set up a reason to be a little bitch next season every time he's not perfect, (which non of us ever said he was)...
agreed....i think.

signed,

someone who may or may not be full of poo

Go back and look at the stats before deciding he was half bad the whole season. Against Arizona during the regular season he was 20 for 28 for 248 yards, 2 TDs, ) Ints and a passer rating of 122.

Against Tampa the second game he was 14 for 20 for 173 yards, 1 TD, 2 Ints and a passer rating of 73. Not great but not bad.

He had three poor games with ratings below 70. Raiders, Tampa 1, and Chicago. We won 2 of the 3.

Compare that to Brees who had 6 games with a rating below 70. And Matty Ice who had 5 games below 70.

Neither of them have taken the beating that Jake has. It was all over one playoff game not the regular season.

Committee for accuracy in bitching............

You know, Im getting tired of you. You know very well we have been through this. I HAVE looked at the stats. I didn't even need them any way to come to the conclusion he played half bad last season. A while back, you asked for my proof to back up my reasoning and I gave you the stats. You then went on to dismiss it saying that I have no opinion cause its just based on stats. What the hell kind of crap is that? Now you are going to use nothing but stats for your arguement. So what are you? The ultimate beholder of all stats in creation and no one is allowed to use them but you?

You know, Im getting tired of you. You know very well we have been through this. I HAVE looked at the stats. I didn't even need them any way to come to the conclusion he played half bad last season. A while back, you asked for my proof to back up my reasoning and I gave you the stats. You then went on to dismiss it saying that I have no opinion cause its just based on stats. What the hell kind of crap is that? Now you are going to use nothing but stats for your arguement. So what are you? The ultimate beholder of all stats in creation?

I am the guy who looks at the facts not the perception. Jake by the facts had 3 bad games during the season and a horrible playoff game. Fact.

The half bad all season long is far from the truth and Jake's performance in the regular season was not inconsistent with supposedly the best quarterback in the league who had twice as many games below a 70 rating. Fact.

If you want to keep spewing inaccurate opinions, expect me to keep stating the facts. Some of us use facts to shape our opinions and determine whether our opinions are valid. Others persist in their own ideas despite evidence to the contrary.

Committee for Accuracy in bitching.............

well said... shouldn't all panthers' fans be aggravated with Jake?

So now those of us who aren't aggravated with him in general aren't fans then right? Isn't this the exact stance of SMF that you were concurring with: If you hate a player you aren't less of a fan? If we aren't aggravated though, we should be hence we aren't fans if we aren't? :confused:

Doesn't matter. They're not supposed to say things like that publicly. If Katie Couric had blasted Sarah Palin or Obama in her blog as lunatics, she would have gotten blasted for it as proof that she wasn't objective.

You are the one who said if it was a blogger you wouldn't care, not I. You now say that doesn't matter. You are a hypocrite.

And yes, if you got your panties in a twist for being anti a player (be it Jake, Pep or whoever) and that demanding of a change stance in general due to the team's differing stance was referred to as a lunatic fringe when all you do is twist everything possible to be nasty and call names at every turn because of your irrational hatred of someone instead of being realistic about the good and the bad you are what is called "a dish it out but can't take it" person.

So, if anyone on this board pisses me off, perhaps it wouldn't be oh so eighth grade of me to cuss them in my title or signature or whenever they post. :rolleyes: WGAF if you have "a reason"? Especially one like "a guy had a crappy playoff game". Or "I think this guy is a crappy player". I mean this isn't LEONARD LITTLE we are talking about here. I would get it if it was.

i love it --

Williams said; either your with us or - STFU

lol lol

:D love it :D

Not sure if I totally agree with what D'Will said but at the least, his statement is providing the usual "entertaining" responses from the Huddle.

" If Katie Couric had blasted Sarah Palin or Obama in her blog as lunatics, she would have gotten blasted for it as proof that she wasn't objective."

Katie Couric not be objective????NEVER :dupe::dupe::dupe:

Media doesnt hold people like her or Kieth Oblberman accountable for anything they say....what planet you on ?

Anyway....amazing back on Jake AGAIN!!!

I have gone round and round with panther55 about the stat game before:yikes:

Speaking of facts Panther55....your stats that make Jake look like a great QB mean nothing to the publics preception of him.

Fact is...if he were as good as your stats indicate- then teams, media, and fans all over the US would recognize him as a great QB.

No one is scared of Jake, no team was drooling for his contract to run out so they can sign him....how come?

Stats only tell one side.

The Bills lost four super bowls in a row which is an amazing stat in itself, but that stat puts that team in a bad light.

That team was one of the best teams ever built.

I have gone round and round with panther55 about the stat game before:yikes:

Speaking of facts Panther55....your stats that make Jake look like a great QB mean nothing to the publics preception of him.

Fact is...if he were as good as your stats indicate- then teams, media, and fans all over the US would recognize him as a great QB.

No one is scared of Jake, no team was drooling for his contract to run out so they can sign him....how come?

The reason we go round and round is because you constantly try to stir things up and say things people aren't saying.

Look at my post and see where I said Jake was great. You won't find it. What I said were the facts nothing else. I was merely pointing that for example Brees was considered great and Jake wasn't but in terms of bad games or inconsistency Jake had fewer than Brees. And that was something that has been said about Jake.

The reality is people see what they want to see. The facts remain the same regardless of perception. Perception for many becomes reality but it doesn't make it so.

When you let the facts inform your opinion instead of emotions, you will agree with me and stop arguing. Until then, carry on.........

Archived