• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams defends Jake

dpanthersman

Oh yeah, rayzor all the worst name callers being oh so sensitive to Gantt's "lunatic fringe" comment. Good times.

Problem I had is that he said it as if the reaction towards Delhomme was unwarranted. What were the fans supposed to do when he performed half bad the whole season? After both Bucs games, were the fans supposed to proclaim how great he is? After the Raiders and Cards game, say he is still one of the best? What did Gantt expect after his horrible performance in the playoffs?

If there was no reason Delhomme was getting all the heat, then yeah I could agree with him, but there is. Yeah there are some that may go a little overboard, but there's a reason for it. It's not like they're angry for no reason. Delhomme performs bad, he deserves what he gets just like any other player. Whats so ludacris about that? Then those that call the people out that didnt like Gantt's comment irks me too. I didn't like the comment he made, so i guess that makes me "oh so sensitive" to you too.

I've never sent an email to Darin Gantt in my life. I don't recall him only referring to people that had in his blog though.
that was the context of his remarks. people had been going nuts sending him messages. i'm sure he hears as much or more than we do in here....without the filters. the whole blog post was in reaction to the emails and reaction that he had been getting from frustrated and irate fans.

Any deal for Delhomme will be done to keep him as the quarterback here for the next few years, not for short-term salary cap relief. I'm going to say that again, because the lunatic fringe has struggled to understand this offseason. They're going to do a deal with Jake because they want to keep him around.

That means no Jay Cutler, no Derek Anderson, no Byron Leftwich, no Brett Favre, no Vinny Testaverde and likely no Pat White. Take another deep breath. Try to accept it. It's hard, I know.

I've been getting bombarded by e-mails wanting to know why they aren't going after this guy or that guy. I'm going to say it one more time. It's because they've got their guy. Whether you think it's right or wrong doesn't matter. They've decided.

that was the context of his remarks. people had been going nuts sending him messages. i'm sure he hears as much or more than we do in here....without the filters. the whole blog post was in reaction to the emails and reaction that he had been getting from frustrated and irate fans.

Thanks Rayzor. Most people forgot that Gantt was blasting the fans because they we wanting someone other than Jake next year, when most of the intelligent fans knew that wasn't going to happen, not for blasting Jake.

I took that as him saying the reason the Panthers signed him to a new contract was mostly because they actually still want him more so than mostly for cap space and less options (which I think the latter). And anyone who thought differently than that is a luntic. So you see where I had a problem with it.

Thanks Rayzor. Most people forgot that Gantt was blasting the fans because they we wanting someone other than Jake next year, when most of the intelligent fans knew that wasn't going to happen, not for blasting Jake.
correct.

I took that as him saying the reason the Panthers signed him to a new contract was mostly because they actually still want him more so than mostly for cap space and less options (which I think the latter). And anyone who thought differently than that is a luntic. So you see where I had a problem with it.
he was saying that no matter what crazy things people were saying in their anger towards what they saw as the reason we lost that game, the panthers weren't going to be going another direction with QB. he was saying that the panthers were happy with him (not that performance... no one defended that) and that they wanted him to stay a panther and regardless of what people thought, he was their man.

you have to admit that there were a lot of crazy ideas going on and a lot of pretty irrational things being said in anger. could you imagine not just seeing that in a message board but having tons of it sent to your email?

the message was clear. in spite of it that game and in spite of what comments was being made by a lot of fans, the panthers were sticking with jake because that is what they want to do. the contract extension and comments like williams made as well as other players and people involved with the panthers do nothing to contradict that. gantt was saying those things as an authority on the subject with much better access to the organization than any of us. you don't have to like it. it is the truth either way.

Doesn't matter. They're not supposed to say things like that publicly. If Katie Couric had blasted Sarah Palin or Obama in her blog as lunatics, she would have gotten blasted for it as proof that she wasn't objective.

screw your ideology man.. You people constantly complaining without looking at all the facts can go on and on about how Delhomme is the worst QB ever... How all fans who "defend" (or really, point out why your exaggeration is BS) are homers or jake lovers and yet no blogger, or writer, or football player can tell you why you are wrong for your blasts in a public place?

Next song.... Cause it does matter. He has as much of a right to say anything as you do. And you won't be as missed as you believe... (not a dis, just a fact. Supply -vs- demand. Look at oil, lol)

I can't believe you are seriously arguing a man's right to freedom of speech...

The last few days have amazed me by what people will say....

Problem I had is that he said it as if the reaction towards Delhomme was unwarranted. What were the fans supposed to do when he performed half bad the whole season? After both Bucs games, were the fans supposed to proclaim how great he is? After the Raiders and Cards game, say he is still one of the best? What did Gantt expect after his horrible performance in the playoffs?

If there was no reason Delhomme was getting all the heat, then yeah I could agree with him, but there is. Yeah there are some that may go a little overboard, but there's a reason for it. It's not like they're angry for no reason. Delhomme performs bad, he deserves what he gets just like any other player. Whats so ludacris about that? Then those that call the people out that didnt like Gantt's comment irks me too. I didn't like the comment he made, so i guess that makes me "oh so sensitive" to you too.

Go back and look at the stats before deciding he was half bad the whole season. Against Arizona during the regular season he was 20 for 28 for 248 yards, 2 TDs, ) Ints and a passer rating of 122.

Against Tampa the second game he was 14 for 20 for 173 yards, 1 TD, 2 Ints and a passer rating of 73. Not great but not bad.

He had three poor games with ratings below 70. Raiders, Tampa 1, and Chicago. We won 2 of the 3.

Compare that to Brees who had 6 games with a rating below 70. And Matty Ice who had 5 games below 70.

Neither of them have taken the beating that Jake has. It was all over one playoff game not the regular season.

Committee for accuracy in bitching............

Archived