• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams defends Jake

dpanthersman

D will's attitude doesn't surprise me at all. As a player on a team who fights in the trenches everyday with Jake and has gone into battle with him for 3 years, he has seen the highs. lows, good and bad. As a player he is all in. This is his team and Jake is his leader.

He surely believes that people who don't support the team in good or bad times aren't true fans. He pours his blood and soul into every practice and game. He has a very different perspective about the team and fans then we do. He has every bit the right to say what he did. You can't feel ambivalent about his teammates and perform at the level he does. Frankly I admire his enthusiasm. He isn't saying it because it is politically correct. He believes it all the way.

D will's attitude doesn't surprise me at all. As a player on a team who fights in the trenches everyday with Jake and has gone into battle with him for 3 years, he has seen the highs. lows, good and bad. As a player he is all in. This is his team and Jake is his leader.

He surely believes that people who don't support the team in good or bad times aren't true fans. He pours his blood and soul into every practice and game. He has a very different perspective about the team and fans then we do. He has every bit the right to say what he did. You can't feel ambivalent about his teammates and perform at the level he does. Frankly I admire his enthusiasm. He isn't saying it because it is politically correct. He believes it all the way.

this place could use a couple more people who think like him.

this place could use a couple more people who think like him.

Preaching to the choir is good for the rank and file, but someone has to scrutinize the situation objectively and drop the guillotine when necessary...Don't take it personally. It's just business.

Preaching to the choir is good for the rank and file, but someone has to scrutinize the situation objectively and drop the guillotine when necessary...Don't take it personally. It's just business.

Are we talking about fans or team personnel? The fans job is to root for the team and support them no matter what. After all it isn't about the player but the team who you support no matter what if you are a true fan.

As for scrutizing criticizing and making personnel decisions, they have professionals who do that. That isn't a fan's job or a writer's job although they both somehow think they are experts.

Are we talking about fans or team personnel? The fans job is to root for the team and support them no matter what. After all it isn't about the player but the team who you support no matter what if you are a true fan.

As for scrutizing criticizing and making personnel decisions, they have professionals who do that. That isn't a fan's job or a writer's job although they both somehow think they are experts.

I was actually thinking in terms of these perspectives:

1)Solely from the perspective of the FO

2) From the perspective of players about the FO, when the FO makes an "unpopular" but necessary personnel decision

3) From the perspective of fans about the FO, when the FO makes an "unpopular" personnel decision

4)From the perspective of the Huddle when someone makes an argument that you (not you, personally) and the bandwagon don't necessarily agree with or like.

Calling someone a non-fan because they have a different or unpopular opinion, particularly when said opinion can be justified, is a misnomer. Moreover, when the FO drops the ax and decides to oust a player are they "non-fans"? Is someone who disagrees with someone who refutes your (not you, personally) analysis of a situation with valid arguments of their own a "non-fan"? To me the whole argument has an undertone of hypocrisy, and is nearer to forum fodder and over-emotionalism than objectivity and the truth (which probably lies somewhere in the middle). But, within this same vein, we all have our own truths (which are really opinions), so why nail a fan to the cross for having one? [Which is funny, because I got neg-rep for basically saying the same thing in an earlier post in this thread]

You see my point?

I was actually thinking in terms of these perspectives:

1)Solely from the perspective of the FO

2) From the perspective of players about the FO, when the FO makes an "unpopular" but necessary personnel decision

3) From the perspective of fans about the FO, when the FO makes an "unpopular" personnel decision

4)From the perspective of the Huddle when someone makes an argument that you (not you, personally) and the bandwagon don't necessarily agree with or like.

Calling someone a non-fan because they have a different or unpopular opinion, particularly when said opinion can be justified, is a misnomer. Moreover, when the FO drops the ax and decides to oust a player are they "non-fans"? Is someone who disagrees with someone who refutes your (not you, personally) analysis of a situation with valid arguments of their own a "non-fan"? To me the whole argument has an undertone of hypocrisy, and is nearer to forum fodder and over-emotionalism than objectivity and the truth (which probably lies somewhere in the middle). But, within this same vein, we all have our own truths (which are really opinions), so why nail a fan to the cross for having one? [Which is funny, because I got neg-rep for basically saying the same thing in an earlier post in this thread]

You see my point?

I agree with you on front office decisions, they are strictly business. They aren't fans nor should they be. They are running a business not sitting on the sidelines rooting for them.

Everyone has an opinion and is free to express it. So you can tell folks that they are hypocritical for calling folks non-fans and they can define fans however they want and neg rep you if they want as well.

THe facts are the facts but the importance is in the interpretation. And that is anything but absolute. And that is the realm where opinion resides.

He knows who is the best offensive player on the field kudos to him. Fact is Smitty bails him out a lot though on his bad passes cause he goes after everything and fights for every ball.
Statements like this are maddening. Any QB in the league, will throw the ball up for grabs with a receiver like Steve Smith. That's right, ANY QB in the league. When you have a dominate receiver, you take more chances throwing the ball to him, cause you know your guy is going to fight for the ball, and more often than not, make big plays.

People like you need to pull your head outta your ass and realise this.

Statements like this are maddening. Any QB in the league, will throw the ball up for grabs with a receiver like Steve Smith. That's right, ANY QB in the league. When you have a dominate receiver, you take more chances throwing the ball to him, cause you know your guy is going to fight for the ball, and more often than not, make big plays.

People like you need to pull your head outta your ass and realise this.

I totally agree.

No one said that Fitzgerald bailed out Warner last year but how many times did Warner just chuck it up in the air and let Fitzgerald out jump defenders for the ball. When you have a weapon like that (insert Steve Smith for us in there as well) you are crazy for not using it. How many balls did the defender intercept on Smith in a jump ball contest? I don't remember any.

I was upset with Jakes performance in the playoff. I was more upset with the coaching staff not doing anything about it. Not sticking to what got us there, and our opening drive for that matter.

He had a bad game, without a doubt. But he's still the leader of this team. And you don't need to look far to see it.

You don't have to like it, but it is the facts. The players, coaches, and ownership of the Panthers believe in Jake, and stand behind him.

Archived