• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams defends Jake

dpanthersman

You're wasting your time Fireball. Some people around here have no common sense, and because they think in extremes, they assume that we think the same way, regardless of what we actually say.

no truer words ever spoken...

(okay, a little exaggeration..)

I have to chuckle a little.

People on here were screaming bloody murder at Darin Gantt's "lunatic fringe" comment (describing people with unrealistic expectations about the QB position). We had about 20 or so pages of back and forth on that.

And how many times have we seen someone on here get angry over the "you're not a true fan" insult? That one's been argued with some pretty vehement anger around here more than once.

Hate to tell ya folks, but that's essentially what Williams is calling the Delhomme haters. Spin it any way you want to, but there's really no other credible way to read it. That's the core of what he's saying.

If he were a poster on here, people would be going into spasms over such a comment. No anger here because it's Williams though, right?

Color me amused.

You're wasting your time Fireball. Some people around here have no common sense, and because they think in extremes, they assume that we think the same way, regardless of what we actually say.
If it's a waste of time to talk about Jake, why do we still do it?

(That's a rhetorical question, btw) :lol:

If he were a poster on here, people would be going into spasms over such a comment. No anger here because it's Williams though, right?

Color me amused.

I postulated that being called "non-fans" is not as insulting as "lunatic fringe".

Honestly, I was expecting a bigger backlash against D'Will than with Gantt as being insulted (intentionally or otherwise) by someone that's part of the team you're a fan of has more meaning than someone that simply covers the team and writes about it.

I postulated that being called "non-fans" is not as insulting as "lunatic fringe".

Honestly, I was expecting a bigger backlash against D'Will than with Gantt as being insulted (intentionally or otherwise) by someone that's part of the team you're a fan of has more meaning than someone that simply covers the team and writes about it.

I really can't understand any backlash whatsoever. We sit here on the computer and absolutely trash 24/7 the team, the players, the coaching staff and the reporters covering the team and then get upset when they make reference to it???? That's stupidity right there, that's all it is...

I really can't understand any backlash whatsoever. We sit here on the computer and absolutely trash 24/7 the team, the players, the coaching staff and the reporters covering the team and then get upset when they make reference to it???? That's stupidity right there, that's all it is...

rep X 10203840298302923

D-Will is supporting his QB. What a news flash. Even if it wasn't Jake, he'd still be supporting the QB. That's just the type of person he is, and---not so coincidentally---that's what any member of a professional team should do in any organization, much less in the NFL in reference to your QB. To think otherwise is a bit naive.

Also, a bit naive, is D-Will's intimations that fans are not fans just because they reach the opinion that it's time for the team to change QBs because of age and/or a perceived lack (or diminishing) of talent in fitting with a fan's expectations, which said fan is totally entitled to.

Moreover, Jake has been a decent QB---maybe even a "good" QB---but I believe it a little disingenuous to say that he is (or ever was) a "great" QB, and that's notwithstanding his playoff performance against the Cards.

Lastly, this insinuation about real fans vs. fake fans is a totally nebulous argument, as it is all based on opinion. Also, one does not have to be a fan of every player or coach to be a fan of the team.

To me the whole argument is as stupid as saying that, "You are not a real fan because you support Jake Delhomme, even though he has

never been able to lead the Panthers to two consecutive winning seasons, much less a championship."

D-Will has his opinion based on his personal and professional relationship with Delhomme, but he should also realize and respect that fans have their opinions as well, which are based upon observations on the field (some of which came before he was a member of the Carolina Panthers). It would be easy to say that some fans don't know what they are talking about because they are on the outside looking in, but it's just as easy to say that his judgment may be a little cloudy because he is on the inside looking out. I'll just call it a wash, because (as I see it) whether I like it or not, there are many tried and true, and knowledgeable, fans in the Huddle who fall on both sides of an issue.

It's just a matter of perspective. To say otherwise is basically refusing to admit the truth.

I have to chuckle a little.

People on here were screaming bloody murder at Darin Gantt's "lunatic fringe" comment (describing people with unrealistic expectations about the QB position). We had about 20 or so pages of back and forth on that.

And how many times have we seen someone on here get angry over the "you're not a true fan" insult? That one's been argued with some pretty vehement anger around here more than once.

Hate to tell ya folks, but that's essentially what Williams is calling the Delhomme haters. Spin it any way you want to, but there's really no other credible way to read it. That's the core of what he's saying.

Color me amused.

DWill is GOD while Darin Gantt is a hack lapdog journalist. DWill could take a crap in my mouth while calling me a non-fan and I'd gladly swallow.

I guess when Rucker, while no longer a Panther, went above and beyond to talk about how important Jake was to the team after the 2007 season he was just being class too?

Point being that his teammates are smart enough not to judge him mostly on one craptacular game and want him out. They look at the whole package. As it should be.

fire-

dont even waste ur time.

some folks wont understand until they look back 10 years from now...

:beatdeadhorse5:

thats my biggest problem WITH THIS PLACE..

When I first got here I never had seen such negativity from "fans"

they call it being "real" and me just being a "homer" because I always choose to never give up on my team.

Thats what I mean when I say "The Huddle, where real fans go to die", because if you dont get out of here from time to time all the negative assholes will drag you down.

I dont know why people like being a fan in misery?

I dont get it....

Archived