• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Notes from OTAs

scpanther22

more info

GOODSON IMPRESSING: Delhomme lauded the speed of rookie running back Mike Goodson from Texas A&M, the team’s fourth-round draft pick.

“He’s got some jets, I know that,” Delhomme said. “Don’t get me wrong, we’re still in skirts right now. You always have those guys who look good in shorts. But this guy, he’s got some explosiveness. In the little bit of time he’s been out here you can tell he’s explosive.”

from reed

Guys just look at all of the weapons we have.

Steve Smith

Dwayne Jarrett

Muhsin Muhammad

Ryne Robinson

Deangelo Williams

Johnathan Stewart

Mike Goodson

Gary Barnidge

Jeff King

We have some real fire power here. Coupled with our offensive line there should be no reason for us not to make a playoff run. I think offensively the season rests on Jake getting better and the o-line to stay healthy. When I look at that list I think we have potentially the most potent offense in the game.

Guys just look at all of the weapons we have.

Steve Smith

Dwayne Jarrett

Muhsin Muhammad

Ryne Robinson

Deangelo Williams

Johnathan Stewart

Mike Goodson

Gary Barnidge

Jeff King

We have some real fire power here. Coupled with our offensive line there should be no reason for us not to make a playoff run. I think offensively the season rests on Jake getting better and the o-line to stay healthy. When I look at that list I think we have potentially the most potent offense in the game.

i would not label any of these players weapons yet...to me a weapon means a players that the def must account for or else the team will make you pay..and none of those guys are that..at least none yet

i would not label any of these players weapons yet...to me a weapon means a players that the def must account for or else the team will make you pay..and none of those guys are that..at least none yet

Other than the four not underlined. They've definitely proven that they can and will burn you if you overlook them...

Which is why they were not underlined. ;)

I know, but the other poster dismissed all of them out of kind by his verbage, at least from my perspective, which could have been wrong, but if he can't be more succinct as to what he means...

Pep is a douche. I don't care how you feel about the situation, any guy who doesn't show up when the rest of his team is working hard is a douche.
He hasn't signed yet, and it's not mandatory. He can come in half way through training camp and be alright.

I'm not saying I like that he's not here, but I'm not going to name call over something so pathetic.

Day 3 according to Gantt...http://www.heraldonline.com/665?plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3aded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913Post%3a8d95f049-bf60-407d-8b61-dcea06af7545&sid=pluck.heraldonline.com

QB Jake Delhomme marveled at Goodson's feet the other day, eyes popping wide and saying "He's got jets," when asked about the impression the fourth-rounder had made.

I can't wait to see this Goodson kid play. He may end up being the steal of the draft if he can learn quickly enough, and play out of the slot at times. That would finally give us another speed guy on 3rd downs.

Friday notes

Receiver Muhsin Muhammad didn't participate because of a family commitment. That gave No. 3 receiver Dwayne Jarrett more time with the first team and he made some nice catches. Muhammad will be back on Monday to the OTAs (organized team activities) which, on paper at least, are optional.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2009/05/fridays-summerschool-notes.html

I could be wrong, but any draft pick from a school whose class hasn't graduated yet (Unless they themselves have graduated) can only take part in the post draft mini camp, then nothing until their contract is signed/TC. So some guys could be missing for that reason.

Archived