• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Notes from OTAs

scpanther22

Yeah, I would be shocked if Peppers showed up out of shape. He never has before, so there is no reason to believe he will this year, especially if he's gonna use this season to audition for another team in 2010.

My only worry is that he doesn't sing his tender until half way through TC, and comes in way behind everybody else in learning this new defense. Once again though, he would be hurting his own chances of getting signed and paid by another team in the future.

this is what i was thinking about but at the same time...what if anything new can meeks systems do for a DE...it is still about geting to the QB maybe a more aggresive and less droping back into coverage but thats about it...or atleast thats all i can think of

my thing is how will this affect the locker room. I dont think peppers will cause a problem directly but how will the rest of the DEF play knowing one of there best players wants out and does not like carolina anymore....when the team is behind in a big game you turn to your playmakers. like it or not for the Dline thats peppers and he could have a screw this i am out next season anyway and not give it his all in the game when you have to step up and play from behind to win.

this is what i was thinking about but at the same time...what if anything new can meeks systems do for a DE...it is still about geting to the QB maybe a more aggresive and less droping back into coverage but thats about it...or atleast thats all i can think of

my thing is how will this affect the locker room. I dont think peppers will cause a problem directly but how will the rest of the DEF play knowing one of there best players wants out and does not like carolina anymore....when the team is behind in a big game you turn to your playmakers. like it or not for the Dline thats peppers and he could have a screw this i am out next season anyway and not give it his all in the game when you have to step up and play from behind to win.

And that would screw the rest of his career. Don't think that other teams that might be interested are not going to be looking for that very thing...

seems like kasay and smith are cool....they always seem to be talking to each other

after the fight last year the only people you saw talking to smith was kasay and moose and the team chaplain(?).

still those were the two guys that smith could turn to and who could help him through it the most.

And that would screw the rest of his career. Don't think that other teams that might be interested are not going to be looking for that very thing...

jason peters

11.5 sacks given up in a unhappy year

highest paid OT in the NFL by another team the next

^^^^this is why i am not too worried about pep holding back when he shows back up.

i also think that they are going to be pumped if he shows up (not that they wouldn't be otherwise) and their enthusiasm going to rub off on him more than his possible negativity would on them. he has enough friends on that team that would help him out.

he'll have a whole lot more reasons to play lights out than not.

Pep will have to learn a whole new playbook. He has to know what gap to be in and also IMO he is hurting his chances of leaning some new moves and ways to come clean. In other words he is missing being coached.

Pep will have to learn a whole new playbook. He has to know what gap to be in and also IMO he is hurting his chances of leaning some new moves and ways to come clean. In other words he is missing being coached.

This could be a huge experience for him. As great as he has been there is the complaint that he has a very small repertoire of moves. He's getting older so he is going to have to fight the idea that he has reached his potential he will be given another chance to work in a new system with new coaches and many teams are going to want to see how easily he can adapt to a new situation, system, and new coaching. In a sense he has really had it easy and been pampered here with sal and trgo. he won't be getting that with meeks and baker. succeeding here is going to strengthen his chances of showing other teams that he can succeed in theirs.

Well maybe this is the challenge Pep wanted when he said he wanted to maximize his potential? This should re-energize him if that's the real reason he wanted out.

I don't think he is a douche for not showing up when he doesn't have a contract though. Two guys have already been lost for the year due to getting hurt in minicamp/OTAs. He has nothing protecting him if that happens to him unless he has a contract.

Well maybe this is the challenge Pep wanted when he said he wanted to maximize his potential? This should re-energize him if that's the real reason he wanted out.

I don't think he is a douche for not showing up when he doesn't have a contract though. Two guys have already been lost for the year due to getting hurt in minicamp/OTAs. He has nothing protecting him if that happens to him unless he has a contract.

truth spoken...or written.

not worth the risk if there isn't a contract. this is where it becomes "just business." i don't think any of the players or coaches are harboring much if any ill will towards him for not being there at the moment. they would like for him to be there but that he isn't right now isn't that big of a deal.

and if your worried about him being in game shape remember that this is what he does every offseason to get ready...

Defensive line coach Brian Baker barks out instructions to his linemen early in the session.

I can swear I just heard him say, Kemo! Get your fat ass down!

:lol: no kidding. no way i would want to have that guy yelling in my face. most likely would become a colon cleansing experience.

Archived