• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok be honest

Asup

I never hated him, but I didnt like bringing in John Fox at the time...

Still not comfortable with him even now either.

pete

I was just waiting for someone to take a shot at Fox. :rolleyes:

jammal brown sucks now

He still was/is a Pro bowl T and before Otah I would have taken him in a minute.

Brown's not disciplined when it comes to penalties, but he doesn't have many weaknesses beyond that. He's an excellent run blocker and can handle most DEs well, I'd rank him the 3rd best o-lineman though. Not because he sucks but because of the young talent the Saints have. Carl Nicks is a flat out road grader and Jahri Evans is arguably the most consistent out of the bunch in both run blocking and pass blocking.

I actually liked all of draft of recent years. I didn't really want someone else because I trusted the FO to make the best picks possible. However I am unsure about the Goodson pick, only because I thought DT should have been a bigger priority at that point, especially with how the draft was going. Not knocking on Goodson at all, I'm just not sure how much Ivrin will help us this year. But of course I hope he dominates and becomes one of the best DT's in league.

i was upset with Thomas Davis because i knew we wanted to get Jamaal Brown and the Saints leap-frogged us..

i didnt like the DeAngelo Williams pick because i thought LenDale's style would compliment Foster's a lot better.. :)

hated the Beason pick.. only becus we were all sure we wud get a Saftey in the 1st that year..

didnt like the Stewart pick because i wanted Clady or one of the O-linemen.. and despised what we gave up for Otah..

needless to say, i am more than happy with all the picks now, minus James Anderson.. aside from him the rest have been good/great value picks.. think about all the RBs that went in the Deangelo draft.. to get D.Will outta R.Bush, Maroney, Addai, Lendale and MJD.. i think he is the best one by far..

good overview of the fanbase and the realization soon after that the FO might know what they are doing....

-------------------------

And for those saying, "I don't like WR FA pick ups..." Don't be all over dramatic about it. You're not too pissed over the Moose acquisition, eh? Not all of them are bad...

Kerry Collins. Hated the pick, hated the player. His piss poor attitude only served to prove me right.

Meshawn. Arrogant prick that I didn't honestly think would do much to improve our offense with his me-first attitude. I agreed that he was a player, I just didn't like all the histrionics associated with him. I hated his antics everywhere he went. Saying goodbye was a relief. I was surprized by the FO picking him up and got on board even though I had doubts.

David Carr. I didn't think he was the second coming of a savior. I thought he was too shell-shocked and too much of a trainwreck and we didn't have the staff to counsel him past his demons. But I got on board with the FO then abhorred him violently by the Saints game at Thanksgiving. It went from mild distaste to pure sickening revulsion in November 2007.

Sean Gilbert. We overpaid massively and was raped for this waste of cap space.

Drafting Stewart over Mendenhall killed me because I'm from Illinois but now looking back at it I would regret passing up on Stewart.

Yah Mendenhall fumbles ALOT and i almost guarentee you had that hit that injured him had been on stewart it wouldnt have been an injurie...

Yah Mendenhall fumbles ALOT and i almost guarentee you had that hit that injured him had been on stewart it wouldnt have been an injurie...
the guy all through training camp had major fumbling issues and a couple of the guys on the team (i think parker and ward) gave him a ball that he had to carry around all day everywhere he went that he had to protect and the other team members had to try and steal. i think they also made him pay $100 for every fumble he had in practice. he still kept fumbling. then he goes and gets injured right away...yeah, we made the right choice there.

Archived