• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patton

shinner

Patton

Patton is a 1970 biographical war film about U.S. General George S. Patton during World War II. It stars George C. Scott, Karl Malden, Michael Bates, and Karl Michael Vogler. It was directed by Franklin J. Schaffner from a script by Francis Ford Coppola and Edmund H. North, who based their screenplay on the biography Patton: Ordeal and Triumph by Ladislas Farago

I had an uncle who served under him, actually.

My uncle's take: Honestly, he hated his guts. Mind you, he thought Omar Bradley was fantastic, but considered Patton a glory hound who didn't give a flying crap about his men (other than as resources).

My uncle's take: Honestly, he hated his guts. Mind you, he thought Omar Bradley was fantastic, but considered Patton a glory hound who didn't give a flying crap about his men (other than as resources).

I kinda got that impression from Patton 360 where they are reading from his diaries and he says things like "I'm destined for greatness," (a paraphrase) etc...

I had an uncle who served under him, actually.

My great-uncle served under Patton as well but he never really talked about the war....couldn't even watch war movies. Bad memories I guess.

Archived