• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettis activated... Pilares to IR

TruCatzFan

Carolina was going to activate Gettis. Pilares getting hurt just made the decision on who to take off the roster for him (Gettis) easier. Pilares offers nothing to the team sans returning kicks and he hasn't made a huge impact there this year.

Carolina was going to activate Gettis. Pilares getting hurt just made the decision on who to take off the roster for him (Gettis) easier. Pilares offers nothing to the team sans returning kicks and he hasn't made a huge impact there this year.

He has made a big impact on special teams, like that punt he downed at the one. Also can make a tackle on PT/KT coverage

Guess Adams will get another shot.

Doubt it. That would mean we would activate 6 WRs for gameday (Smith/LaFell/Murphy/Edwards/Gettis/Adams). If I had to guess, I think Edwards gets a shot at KR duties (coaching staff seems high on him and he's listed as the backup on the depth chart at Panthers.com).

He's been pretty damn good on punt coverage too. He's got down field and placed the opponent inside the 10 quiet a few times this season.

Doubt it. That would mean we would activate 6 WRs for gameday (Smith/LaFell/Murphy/Edwards/Gettis/Adams). If I had to guess, I think Edwards gets a shot at KR duties (coaching staff seems high on him and he's listed as the backup on the depth chart at Panthers.com).

My moneys on Gettis being inactive for a while.

My moneys on Gettis being inactive for a while.

It's possible, but the guy's been rehabbing/practicing for, what, 15 months now? I could see him being inactive this week, but going forward, I don't see why we don't activate him to see what he's got. It's clear to me that Rivera doesn't trust Adams on KR/PRs and I would be more comfortable seeing Gettis in at wideout than Adams.

Archived