• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sports Illustrated is on something

CWalker4205

I think Jake will be Jake in that he'll be a model of inconsistancy. The reason people have dogged him i.e. media-types is while he's typically been inconsistent his stint here in Carolina, he's always played well in the playoffs. He layed an egg; I'm not going to re-hatch that egg and that's the reason those folks are all over him and predicting his downfall.

When I said he'll be a model of inconsistancy, I mean he'll have several games with a 90 or higher passing rating with mabe a 100+ or two sprinkled in there. On the flip side, he's going to have a few 60 passer ratings with even a 50 or two mixed in.

That's Jake--like it or not. He's good enough to make our team playoff calibre, but we just better hope that the one or two rotten eggs doesn't come in the post season.

Then I guess Drew Brees is even more inconsistent. He had 6 games with a passer rating below 70. Jake had 3 games below 70. Yeah they were awful but interestingly by the numbers he had fewer poor games. Funny how the facts don't always line up with perceptions.

Funny how the facts don't always line up with perceptions.

Yup, there were already a few posts about media darlings today. Media hype or media damnation doesn't always reflect reality. They will pimp certain players for no apparent reason except for 'star value' and apparently forgive the bad performances more readily whereas the average joe player gets no such free passes.

Jake's no Superstar, let's not kid ourselves. However, when Favre threw a handfull of picks in the Packers' playoff loss a couple of years' ago, the media types didn't handicap their next season based off that poor performance as they are doing to the Panthers this year.

Media bias, we live with it every day.

It's considering QB as well, and after that offensive sh*tfest a few months ago it's hard comparing Jake to other NFL QB's.

Second, why would you think SI researches anything ?

If anyone is worse then Jake its Tony Romo. Lets just be real the dude has choked the place up from start to finish.

If anyone is worse then Jake its Tony Romo. Lets just be real the dude has choked the place up from start to finish.
romo is a choke waiting to happen. if there is a big game, he's going to blow it.

i am incredibly anxious to what brown can do to romo. i really think that brown is going to get in his head.

The Colts? Sure they have a stellar QB but Addai looked shitty last year and Donald Brown is unproven. The Eagles do not have a number two RB, Lesean Mccoy I think will be a bust. We should have been ranked higher but Jake brings our rankings down.

He's going to get to the age soon where he is as mobile as Kerry Collins who we should of kept. Not saying Jake is mobile, he is sufficient enough in avoiding the sack (in situations where his back is not turned to the defender).

Archived