• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm VERY angry and heartbroken

TruCatzFan

So far tonight that's two personal attacks. See ya later.

TCF i'm sorry you're so affected by this news item, and i don't blame you, because it's horrifying, but you're acting ridiculous throughout this thread. you're baiting everyone on purpose and then straight up lying about whether it was about a zoo or not to milk the thread and get people to PM you as their news source. that's downright psychopathic.

call them personal attacks all you like but your methodology is seriously flawed and you should be ashamed of yourself for exploiting this.

There will be a second tragedy to this story when they put down all those innocent dogs. The real animals are all the grown cowards who stood there & watched instead of jumping in.

While I think it was terrible that such a thing happened, I don't think you, or I, or anyone else in this thread or forum for that matter, would have had the balls to jump into a zoo enclosure of wild dogs. The mother is at fault for letting putting her child where she did, and the zoo is at fault for not having a safety net better equipped to catch small children (apparently, the kid bounced twice then out into the pen because of how light he was.) The people there though? They're not to blame.

However, I do agree with you on the dogs being innocent part.

As a father it only causes issues that the mother was stupid enough to put the child in that situation. My child is three and I can assure you if we were observing wild, captive carnivorous dogs there's no chance in hell he'd fall in.

This was an accident, or so it seems, what bothers me is intentional abuse and neglect.

I've been a little desensitized from my background, but I think there's a pretty overt over reaction going on here. It's like you created a thread to do nothing but show that you're compassionate and sympathetic, like anyone here would really care.

Sorry, it's just not that big of an issue to me, even as a father of a toddler.

i think the mindfug is in knowing that the mother probably would've said the exact same thing. it makes you think because no matter how careful you are, if for that one wrong moment you're not careful and you're in the exact wrong place at the exact wrong time, something horrific is going to happen that you will never ever get over as long as you live.

it is undeniably scary and tragic.

TCF i'm sorry you're so affected by this news item, and i don't blame you, because it's horrifying, but you're acting ridiculous throughout this thread. you're baiting everyone on purpose and then straight up lying about whether it was about a zoo or not to milk the thread and get people to PM you as their news source. that's downright psychopathic.

call them personal attacks all you like but your methodology is seriously flawed and you should be ashamed of yourself for exploiting this.

I actually asked for the thread to be locked and it wasn't. When someone asked about a zoo, I intentionally said no to qualm it... Didn't work either. I do hope you enjoy your vacation come tomorrow though. What ever will you do not having the ability to talk with all your "friends" on here

I don't know why you're making this about me when it's not... And it's not about you either. If you have nothing to say then keep it moving. You are always trying to grab everyone's attention for no reason.

There will be a second tragedy to this story when they put down all those innocent dogs. The real animals are all the grown cowards who stood there & watched instead of jumping in.

That's what pisses me off, both of those points.

1. The dogs did nothing wrong, they were simply being dogs and they saw a food source. A black bear was found recently where I live near a main road- what did they do? They killed it. Why? Why not tranquilize it, test for disease and relocate? We have it backwards, they're not infringing on our lives, we're pushing them out of theirs.

2. I don't remember the height of the drop, but I'm a little surprised no one tried to do anything, but it's understandable now that I think about it.

I actually asked for the thread to be locked and it wasn't. When someone asked about a zoo, I intentionally said no to qualm it... Didn't work either. I do hope you enjoy your vacation come tomorrow though. What ever will you do not having the ability to talk with all your "friends" on here

I don't know why you're making this about me when it's not... And it's not about you either. If you have nothing to say then keep it moving. You are always trying to grab everyone's attention for no reason.

uhh i've said plenty in this thread, including linking what in the hell the thread is even about and starting an actual discussion while you pranced around begging people to PM you and insisting you couldn't post the story because of feelings and other frailties. you haven't said a damn thing in this thread that mattered.

i'm trying to feel sorry for you and empathize with what you're feeling but you're making it extremely difficult to do so, especially when you're obnoxiously fluttering vacation talk while furiously beating the report button into internet oblivion. maybe this will help you release some of your anger... you're welcome.

Yeah, that story sucks. Maybe I'm just desensitized by the poo I've experienced. I mean, it sucks, makes me sad, and I hate the fact that 1) there isn't more of a fool-proof setup at these zoos where NOTHING like this happens, regardless of the stupidity of people and 2) that a mother would have her baby anywhere but her arms, close to the chest. Your kid will not remember some wild dogs they saw at the zoo. They don't need "a better look".

The dogs shouldn't be put down (minus the one the police HAD to shoot), and I'll be equally pissed if they do. Not only are they being held captive for entertainment, but to get put down because they feel threatened by a foreign threat in their new environment and act on it, that'd be a tragedy.

If that's my kid, I'm diving in there. Some other person's...not quite so enthused about that idea. Certainly wouldn't stand there though. I'd be running to find somebody rather than scream and watch.

If it were my kid... No question. I'd do a PLF into that pit and get mauled myself but my kid would have lived.

Also keep in mind his mom was there while dad was off getting a got dog.

Realistically you would probably both die together, but at least you know you died trying.

I'm no longer a mod, so my opinion doesn't mean anything, but there's nothing here that would get PhillyB banned temporarily or otherwise. For someone who's gone out of their way to establish the thickness if their skin as an occupational necessity it doesn't seem to take much to put you in a defensive posture.

Yeah, that story sucks. Maybe I'm just desensitized by the poo I've experienced. I mean, it sucks, makes me sad, and I hate the fact that 1) there isn't more of a fool-proof setup at these zoos where NOTHING like this happens, regardless of the stupidity of people and 2) that a mother would have her baby anywhere but her arms, close to the chest. Your kid will not remember some wild dogs they saw at the zoo. They don't need "a better look".

The dogs shouldn't be put down (minus the one the police HAD to shoot), and I'll be equally pissed if they do. Not only are they being held captive for entertainment, but to get put down because they feel threatened by a foreign threat in their new environment and act on it, that'd be a tragedy.

If that's my kid, I'm diving in there. Some other person's...not quite so enthused about that idea. Certainly wouldn't stand there though. I'd be running to find somebody rather than scream and watch.

It's almost like you just repeated everything I said...

...weird.

this. jumping in there is a suicide mission... and that kid was probably gone almost instantly. what are you going to do, jump on the backs of a dozen wild dogs all at once and try to stop them? half the people in the vicinity probably had no clue what happened in the first place. and beyond that even, if they attempted to jump in, the nets would've caught them (all the articles mention that they were too taut, probably meant for heavier bodies, and actually bounced the child into the enclosure.) what's the chance of actually getting into the enclosure in the first place?

it's easy to judge and point fingers when you're reading a news article, but a lot different when you're there in person. i don't blame anyone for not trying to plunge in there given all the circumstances as we now know them.

Realistically you would probably both die together, but at least you know you died trying.

I'm no longer a mod, so my opinion doesn't mean anything, but there's nothing here that would get PhillyB banned temporarily or otherwise. For someone who's gone out of their way to establish the thickness if their skin as an occupational necessity it doesn't seem to take much to put you in a defensive posture.

This dude is constantly outright saying that I'm dumb, stupid, psychotic, and worse. He's long overdue for a vacation. He's on block now cause I just don't feel like dealing with him anymore. Hes not special and should not be immuned to getting banned for personal attacks. There was no reason for him to come into this thread the way he did at all.

Archived