• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN power rankings

scpanther22

I think #10 is just about right, a little low, but not horribly so. The only thing is that's an average of a panel. Right now, I would have to say the Giants are better than us and we are about a tie with Philly. You can't fault the voters for ranking Arizona higher than Panthers because they absolutely humiliated us in the divisional round. I still say we are a better team than the Cards though.

As a Conference, I think the Giants are the only team looking better on paper just because a scary good defense only got better this offseason. Eli is the only 'x' factor. If (and that's a BIG IF) little Manning has a Pro Bowl type season, the Giants are going to be very hard to beat.

Philly...they have a lot of new toys on offense, but will they gel in time to become really good? Also, can a aging defense hold up?

I really think 'Zona will come back to Earth after a nice run. I just can't see them playing 'pitch and catch' as successfully as they did in the playoffs. Someone will scheme them properly and the rest of their opponents will follow suit. They'll still win the the Wild WEAK West, but won't make a deep push like last season.

As far as the AFC, I think the Pats, Steelers, Titans and Colts should be ranked higher than us.

I think the Panthers are truely a top 10 team, but I honestly can't say top a 5 team without being a homer.

Those seem to be reasonable.

And looking at the individual rankings, we have a range of being 3-24. That shows 1) how useless offseason power rankings are and 2) how hot and cold we are year by year and game by game.

Homer fan = fantsay world

Normal Fan= realist

Go play with your toys...

Fan = Fan

Just because he or anyone wants to be positive doesn't mean they are wrong.

Nor is being a pessimist or "realist" as you like to think yourself.

Fan = Fan

Wow, I'm not sure I like this Panthers' board. I go to many and this is the ONLY one like a big cheerleading squad. If you don't fall into the clique, your a troll.

Nice.

(BTW, PSL holder that drives 10 hours round trip to home games. Troll on that.) :)

Fan = Fan

Optimism isn't wrong...it's okay if it that's what makes people more earger for the season. Homer optimism is just set up for a let down if you don't win the Super Bowl. As it stands, it looks like 98% of this board are homer optimist.

Optimism isn't wrong...it's okay if it that's what makes people more earger for the season. Homer optimism is just set up for a let down if you don't win the Super Bowl. As it stands, it looks like 98% of this board are homer optimist.

You haven't been reading very long if thats what you think. :lol:

Have an opinon and be prepared to defend it. No matter what your view point.

Archived