• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC South Preview

HSCBandit07

No new information, just a NFC South "sighting" I thought I would post here from nfl.com

some jake bashing and peppers speculating but the new face of NFC South defenses is an interesting topic. I hadn't known that the saints new D coordinator came from the jags. They have had a respectable defense for quite a while. This year def. looks wide open for the nfcs (aside from the bucs i have to say).

No new information, just a NFC South "sighting" I thought I would post here from nfl.com

some jake bashing and peppers speculating but the new face of NFC South defenses is an interesting topic. I hadn't known that the saints new D coordinator came from the jags. They have had a respectable defense for quite a while. This year def. looks wide open for the nfcs (aside from the bucs i have to say).

I wouldn't even rule the Bucs out given what Atlanta did last year (thought that's not to say I expect them to). It will be another year of some good interdivisional competition, methinks.

I don't think Williams was allowed to unfurl his scheme as much in Jax IIRC. He is a very good defensive mind though IMO. Had read sundry things about him when he was in Wash, that he was very autocratic, had a sizeable ego etc. so will be interesting to see how he meshes with Payton, who may have to manage him along with everything else.

One thing I hate about talking heads is that for the most part, they are hypocrites. They completely bash Jake's last performance and use it to say he doesn't deserve to be there, yet there is nary a word about Eli or Chad's bad last playoff game (They both were one and done as well) as RUINING THEIR TEAM THEY ARE DOOMED...OMGZ. Neither of those two came of unprecedented surgery either. Why can't they just say of all three of them, they had suckass playoff games but it doesn't mean ish for what they will do NEXT YEAR? But no.

They do the same thing on a smaller scale with Tarvaris Jackson. Sure he struggled vs Philly but he wasn't THAT bad for a first time playoff starter. Plus he was doing some good things down the stretch for Minny. So the talking heads think some 39 YO egomaniac like Favre is better? Good grief, based on WHAT?

They do the same thing on a smaller scale with Tarvaris Jackson. Sure he struggled vs Philly but he wasn't THAT bad for a first time playoff starter. Plus he was doing some good things down the stretch for Minny. So the talking heads think some 39 YO egomaniac like Favre is better? Good grief, based on WHAT?

I agree. I'm of the opinion that Tarvaris Jackson can still develop into a good quarterback. He will be servicable at the least, considering the ground game and defense Minnesota has. And they've also got Sage Rosenfels, who they have apparently coveted for a while.

I didnt know that carolina was knocked out in the Wild card round last year....I thought it was the divisional round......It was one game .....does that define a decision on Jake, no but it should always be in the back of the mind.....Talking heads.....TRy to talk like they know what they are saying but arent really saying anything

I agree. I'm of the opinion that Tarvaris Jackson can still develop into a good quarterback. He will be servicable at the least, considering the ground game and defense Minnesota has. And they've also got Sage Rosenfels, who they have apparently coveted for a while.

I think Minny's biggest problem BY FAR is their HC not their QB situation, but what do I know? lol I would likely list WR on the offensive side before I said QB also.

those people who talk about the panthers not having back to back winning seasons meaning they won't this year, i just wonder if they realize that the falcons have not had back to back winning seasons ever...in 43 years! i wonder where they think the falcons are going to end up. if any team is a slave to their past it's them. even at that i think they can break even next year. panthers are much more likely able to do it, though.

I don't think Williams was allowed to unfurl his scheme as much in Jax IIRC. He is a very good defensive mind though IMO. Had read sundry things about him when he was in Wash, that he was very autocratic, had a sizeable ego etc. so will be interesting to see how he meshes with Payton, who may have to manage him along with everything else.

One thing I hate about talking heads is that for the most part, they are hypocrites. They completely bash Jake's last performance and use it to say he doesn't deserve to be there, yet there is nary a word about Eli or Chad's bad last playoff game (They both were one and done as well) as RUINING THEIR TEAM THEY ARE DOOMED...OMGZ. Neither of those two came of unprecedented surgery either. Why can't they just say of all three of them, they had suckass playoff games but it doesn't mean ish for what they will do NEXT YEAR? But no.

Fireball, you are the best poster on this board. You always have something relevant and with obvious forethought to bring to the topic at hand. Please post more. I think my nose is brown enough now...

Rep.

Archived