• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo Williams a free agent afte this season

Him and Stewart are both going to continue to get better....that should be a very scary thing for the rest of the league. Stewart is especially going to improve in the next couple of seasons. It should be really entertaining for the next 5 or 6 years.

He'll be a bit old to give any kind of real money to after the 2011 season. We'll try and resign him to a reasonable deal but if he wants superstar money we'll let him walk...

wont he only be..27....i could see us giveing him a huge 4 year deal..

Let me preface this by saying I am a huge fan of D-Will. But I'm also a realist. In two years after his contract expires he'll be 28 (29 by the time the season starts the following year. Born 4/25/1983). Stewart will be 25. If Stew continues to improve you can say bye bye to D-Will. The Panthers won't be able to afford both unless D-will takes a bigtime discount to stay (I doubt it). This is assuming everyone stays relatively healthy. They'd be crazy not to stick with the younger back. So just enjoy the next two seasons and try not to think about it.

Let me preface this by saying I am a huge fan of D-Will. But I'm also a realist. In two years after his contract expires he'll be 28 (29 by the time the season starts the following year. Born 4/25/1983). Stewart will be 25. If Stew continues to improve you can say bye bye to D-Will. The Panthers won't be able to afford both unless D-will takes a bigtime discount to stay (I doubt it). This is assuming everyone stays relatively healthy. They'd be crazy not to stick with the younger back. So just enjoy the next two seasons and try not to think about it.

He's 26 now, before the start of the 2009 season

He'll be 27 next year, before the start of the 2010 season.

He'll be 28 the following year, before the start of the 2011 season.

1 year older per year :D

If the Panthers continue to utilize them correctly by splitting the carries 50/50, they should both be able to extend their careers by years and earn money after the average RB has left due to wear. If that happens, I could see them taking smaller salaries since it will basically even out over time. That would be the ideal, if they are willing to take that chance.

He's 26 now, before the start of the 2009 season

He'll be 27 next year, before the start of the 2010 season.

He'll be 28 the following year, before the start of the 2011 season.

1 year older per year :D

Yea but he really hasn't taken the wear a starter has since possibly this year. His first 2 season's he didn't get that much playing time. He came out as a senior at 24 because I believe he broke his leg the year before. He could easily be effective into his 30's if he and Stew stick around.

Archived