• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you like to keep Rivera

Guest Tom Cat

Keep Rivera as DC?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Would you keep Rivera as DC if you had the decision to make?

• Yes
    • No

good post - I saw the same things- but maybe the guy is growing into his HC position - some times it takes a bit of a refocus to become the guy that is the last place for the buck to stop at.

I really think he is suffering from a lack of experience in the offensive realm.

I agree, Tom. He needs an old, 30-year veteran coach to help him out. Instead, everybody is rather young and new--like him.

My opinion hasn't changed. I don't want to overhaul anything at this point, I'd name Beane as the GM for next year and tell RR that's his final audition. They're a young team and young staff, they're all learning together.

If we play like we did today, I feel that we can win most of the remaining games. A knee-jerk reaction is not what the team needs. I am with you on this.

My only reservation? I want to see Rivera become more of a leader/decision maker. today he made the right decisions for hte most part, but was awkward about it. Maybe winning fixes that.

If we can beat the Broncos, we could go on a bit of a run. WIthout leadership, it won't happen.

If we play like we did today, I feel that we can win most of the remaining games. A knee-jerk reaction is not what the team needs. I am with you on this.

My only reservation? I want to see Rivera become more of a leader/decision maker. today he made the right decisions for hte most part, but was awkward about it. Maybe winning fixes that.

If we can beat the Broncos, we could go on a bit of a run. WIthout leadership, it won't happen.

We have played like we did today, we just didn't finish. If not for maybe 10 plays before today we're right behind Atl, SF and NY in the best in the NFL conversation. Rivera went from a job where he had one focus to many and he's learning the hard way about how much work and attention that HC job commands.

He needs to be held accountable, but I really, honestly feel we're on the cusp and cutting ties and overhauling will be a big mistake. The D is getting better, the O is getting back to where they were and ST's aren't making the mistakes we saw last year.

If Rivera can work on clock management and keep Chud on track I think the sky is the limit.

Guest Tom Cat

We have played like we did today, we just didn't finish. If not for maybe 10 plays before today we're right behind Atl, SF and NY in the best in the NFL conversation. Rivera went from a job where he had one focus to many and he's learning the hard way about how much work and attention that HC job commands.

He needs to be held accountable, but I really, honestly feel we're on the cusp and cutting ties and overhauling will be a big mistake. The D is getting better, the O is getting back to where they were and ST's aren't making the mistakes we saw last year.

If Rivera can work on clock management and keep Chud on track I think the sky is the limit.

I like what youre peddling - I love it as a matter of fact - Im just not sold on it, though I want to be

What hope one win can bring after 2 months of pain.

I agree with what your saying but.............. Chud needs to go.

too many stupid play calls today.

What if we finish 9-7 or 8-8? It's possible, but unlikely I know. Maybe Rivera just needed to pull Chud's head out of his ass and tell him to go back to the pro style offense we ran last year. The defense is looking much much better. If he can turn the team around and we finish strong I say give him another year. A new GM should perhaps give him a chance. But....if we go back to failing miserably and finish badly, then screw him,lol.

I don't really think we need a personnel/roster overhaul as much as we need a leadership and management staff overhaul. were gonna keep losing close ones to the good teams while barely beating the bad ones. the ONLY way this staff stays is if we make the playoffs, in my opinion. Yes, we play hard in every game but the fact that we are mishandling our talented running game as bad as we are still is a big red flag and that it took them this long to adjust things is an even bigger red flag. His final audition should be this season, not next. Plus what does it say when cam has regressed mechanically this year with this team's coaching compared to how the IMG academy prepared him with his mechanics last year? Playoffs or bust for rivera and co is my motto. Our defense might have improved, but if our wins number doesn't its just the same old same old.

I agree if Rivera can win the Broncos game I think he should stay. To be honest had we won Atlanta, Chicago and Seattle, things would be a hell of a lot different. As long as RR can show a willingness to change and adapt and not be stubborn, he can learn to become a better HC. If we bring in a great GM as well, that GM will set the tone, and RR will follow accordingly IMO.

Chud just needs to find his identity as he caters to the team's strengths.

There's no real need to fool defenses all the time if you just execute good plays. If you have confidence in your 11 guys then show it. I think he went to the gimmick offense because it worked well part time last year and that teams would focus on stopping most of what we put on tape last year. I think he got a little carried away, but Rivera should have pulled the plug earlier. Chud should have pulled the plug and personally, as professional athletes the players should have brought it up behind closed doors.

I like the O we're running now and it's basically the same O we've run for the last decade if you break it down to it's simplest form, Power run game that sets up play action. We are just more aggressive and creative with the passing aspect now.

I want to keep things as they are provided we continue to see improvement and an identity emerge. It's too early in Rivera and Cam's respective careers to throw in the towel. Patience paid off for the Steelers and the Giants, two powerhouse franchises whose success I envy and want to emulate.

If we do decide to part ways with him as HC, there's no way in hell I'd want him to stick around as the DC. That would lead to a complete and utter disaster in the lockerroom. Guys wouldn't know what to make of the situation, and it would be awkward at best, and a split loyalty at worst for the new HC.

I'm not even sure he goes at the end of the year, to be honest. Most likely, yes, but the results of the first 6 games might have been due to Marty handcuffing him, and if so, he does have a chance to turn this around. Like I said though, not likely, but it is possible.

Archived