• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No love on NFL.com Poll

CatfanMO

Same as the NFL network, Fox sports and every other sports network. Our fans seem to think if they dont talk 24/7 about the panthers then we are being disrespected. This cry baby behavior has gone from being comical to just flat out annoying now.

Why don't you DVR the next NFL Live, then pay attention to the amount of time spent on Brett Farve and his re-re-comeback. Then for the next few minutes they'll talk about how epic it will be when the Cowboys unleash their might and terror on the rest of the 2nd rate teams in the NFL, that is minus whatever team Farve plays for, the Patriots, and the flavor of the week team.

Same as the NFL network, Fox sports and every other sports network. Our fans seem to think if they dont talk 24/7 about the panthers then we are being disrespected. This cry baby behavior has gone from being comical to just flat out annoying now.

I'm pretty sure the only complaints I hear from people are when sports writers don't know the names of our players or write something totally false about our team...

Usually that's what you're hearing. I've never heard someone say, "We aren't talked about 24/7"...

Why don't you DVR the next NFL Live, then pay attention to the amount of time spent on Brett Farve and his re-re-comeback. Then for the next few minutes they'll talk about how epic it will be when the Cowboys unleash their might and terror on the rest of the 2nd rate teams in the NFL, that is minus whatever team Farve plays for, the Patriots, and the flavor of the week team.

I watch NFL Live every day. Right now Bret Favre is the only thing in the news. What else are they going to talk about? Every network caters to the big market teams with large fan bases. That is just how it works son! Im sure if they were doing that with the panthers you wouldnt care right? I mean seriously who cares? If you dont like it dont watch.

I'm pretty sure the only complaints I hear from people are when sports writers don't know the names of our players or write something totally false about our team...

Usually that's what you're hearing. I've never heard someone say, "We aren't talked about 24/7"...

Name me an example when ESPN reported something false about our team and didnt get a players name right. Our fans are always crying because ESPN never talks about us. Boo hoo!

Blah.....who cares.

Those of us who really know about the Panthers know that we have the best running game in the league and a top 3 O-Line....maybe the best. We also have maybe the best WR in the league. Yeah Jake had a terrible game in the playoffs, so what? It was one fuging game! He only had 12 picks all regular season.

On the defensive side of the ball we have one of the top corners in the league in Gamble, and maybe the best LB in the whole league in Beason. If Peppers comes back we also have maybe the best DE in the league. All of this is not just me talking out of my ass, the numbers back it up. I havent even brought up the new defensive coordinator or our new stud rookie DE Brown.

Call me a homer all you want, but I am fuging stoked about our team next year....I dont really care who is on our schedule, because all of the teams we play are looking at their schedules and saying "Damn, we have Carolina.....poo!"

I watch NFL Live every day. Right now Bret Favre is the only thing in the news. What else are they going to talk about? Every network caters to the big market teams with large fan bases. That is just how it works son! Im sure if they were doing that with the panthers you wouldnt care right? I mean seriously who cares? If you dont like it dont watch.

"son" hah okay buddy...I don't watch it anymore

Name me an example when ESPN reported something false about our team and didnt get a players name right. Our fans are always crying because ESPN never talks about us. Boo hoo!

I wasn't speaking on just ESPN... you were talkin about people crying and blah blah blah... I was correcting you on what people are dissatisfied with sports writers and networks...

If you simply go back through the articles posted, you will find many. And Rosario Dawson ring a bell?

I'm not here to argue on and on with you anymore. If you disagree, so be it.

Blah.....who cares.

Those of us who really know about the Panthers know that we have the best running game in the league and a top 3 O-Line....maybe the best. We also have maybe the best WR in the league. Yeah Jake had a terrible game in the playoffs, so what? It was one fuging game! He only had 12 picks all regular season.

On the defensive side of the ball we have one of the top corners in the league in Gamble, and maybe the best LB in the whole league in Beason. If Peppers comes back we also have maybe the best DE in the league. All of this is not just me talking out of my ass, the numbers back it up. I havent even brought up the new defensive coordinator or our new stud rookie DE Brown.

Call me a homer all you want, but I am fuging stoked about our team next year....I dont really care who is on our schedule, because all of the teams we play are looking at their schedules and saying "Damn, we have Carolina.....poo!"

rep... and agreed. I can't wait for this season to start...!

i'm amazed that you haven't moved on to greener pastures yet.

(like the smack forum which is where you should be sent)

ESPN is hands down the most unbiased network of them all. Sure they cater to super stars too but every network does that. I mean its pretty obvious that they are unbiased since our silly fans hate them so much. :rolleyes: The NFL network is the only one that sucks!

Unbiased....you just showed your ignorance.

ESPN is very biased....and I speak from experience. I used to work for ESPN and it is ALL about ratings. They play to big market teams...those with the highest viewership and fan base.

ESPN is very biased....and I speak from experience. I used to work for ESPN and it is ALL about ratings. They play to big market teams...those with the highest viewership and fan base.

Yep, its all about the viewers/market. Nobody wants to hear that the Brookfield Bulldogs got a new QB. Unless it was that Brett Favrey guy.

Thank you MH. It is good business on their part but it does get annoying sometimes. That's why I am happy for NFLN because at least they are owned by the NFL and while they are ratings driven and suffer from Favre and TO etc-itis, they do at least talk about other teams. I dream of starting some channel where Favre and TO and the Cowboys would have their proper amount of coverage, about zero.

i've got a couple guys i talk to that work at espn and they have expressed pretty much the same thing.

Archived