• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

old ESPN chats with robinson and brown

scpanther22

duke will fit right in since he like to run block more..seems like the 49ers had a lot of interest in brown prob the reason we had to give them a first..they were going to take him with that pick..

Duke chat

Buzzmaster: Duke will be here shortly so continue to send in your questions for the second ranked offensive guard according to Scout's Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James (Chicago, IL): Have you talked to any current NFL players about what to expect in the NFL?

Duke Robinson: Yes I have. I have talked to a lot of the guys that I've played with over the years. The best advice that I got was to come in and be ready to work hard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jones (Harlem, NY): What makes you the best offensive guard in the draft?

Duke Robinson: My mental toughness, I'm athletic and I have the skills to play the offensive guard position on the next level.

Tomwit Jersey Shore [via mobile]: Hello and thanks for visiting us Duke. What do you think is the hardest part of transitioning to the pro game? Also can you sing like Uncle Smokey?

Duke Robinson: (laughing) No, I can't sing!

Duke Robinson: The hardest thing with be learning the play book. Play the game itself comes natural to me so I should be alright.

Mitch (CT): Dude, are you really related to Smokey Robinson?! That is awesome. What's your favorite song of his to sing in the shower?

Duke Robinson: I don't sing in the shower. I don't really have a favorite song, I like all of them. From the ones he actually sings to the songs that he writes for other artist.

Joe (Chicago): Promise us one thing. When you reach the NFL DO NOT TWITTER. That thing is for dweebs. Agree?

Duke Robinson: (laughing) I don't do all that, that's not my thing.

Stan (Oklahoma City, OK): What will you miss most about playing football at the University of Oklahoma?

Duke Robinson: I'll miss my teammates the most.

Randy (St. Paul, MN): What have you learned from Bob Stoops at the University of Oklahoma? What advice has he given you about the NFL?

Duke Robinson: Basically he said it's my life and now my job, it's not just something to do. I played to keep my scholarship while in school and now I have the chance to play at the highest level and help take care of my family.

tom nj [via mobile]: Duke thanks. Do you prefer to pass block or run block?

Duke Robinson: I love to run but I'll do whatever it takes to get the job done. I can pass block but I like to run block more.

Steiny (NYC): What part of your game do you think you need to improve on the most?

Duke Robinson: I would say I need to work on my technique. I get in trouble because I just want to go out and kill that guy that I'm blocking. So I would say that my technique might need a little work.

todd (jamestown, ny) [via mobile]: what imediate impact do u hope to make in your first year?

Duke Robinson: Hopefully I can help improve the offensive line of whatever team I play for. I hope to be a playoff contender, make a Super Bowl run, and become and All-Pro.

Allen (houston) BOOMER SOONER: so who was the toughest D lineman you had to go against while at OU. I met you at a party your freshman year and you are a real nice guy, i wish you well in the NFL, hopefully with my TEXANS

Duke Robinson: Ziggy Hood from Missouri.

Steiny (NYC): Who has been the biggest influence on your career thus far?

Duke Robinson: I would say my uncles, my dad, and my high school coach.

SteveFitz (Cicero, IL): The Big Duke Of Earl!!! What up big boy? What team did you follow growing up as a kid? My Bears would get much MUCH stronger at the line if they picked you. Hope you like Chicago.

Duke Robinson: I wasn't into football as a kid so it had to kind of grow on me. I played basketball at first and in high school I was told that if I wanted to play basketball, I need to play football. When I started to play attention to football, I liked to watch the Steelers and the Jaguars.

Duke Robinson: Thanks to everybody for all the great questions. See you April 25 in New York!

full chat here

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25881

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25355

everett brown chat

Buzzmaster: Everette Brown, the 13th ranked player in this year's NFL draft, will be by at 12:20 p.m. ET to take your questions!

Buzzmaster: Everette should be here in minutes!

Buzzmaster: Here he comes!

Ted (New Jersey): What's been the part of this whole draft preparation process that has been the most difficult?

Everette Brown: It's actually been a pretty smooth process preparting for the draft. It's a great experience every day.

John: (Bellevue WA):: Have some of the FSU Alumni been giving you advice as you prepare for the draft?

Everette Brown: Yeah, I've received advice from many of the former players, like Terrell Buckley, guys on the coaching staff. Kameron Wimbleys. Guys that went through the process and were able to help me.

Evan (Phoenix): Just how uncomfortable is it when you guys are all standing in a room, basically in your underwear, as people are measuring and weighing you?

Everette Brown: Well, one of the tihngs from talking to past players are the expectations of that. It wasn't as bad as if I had gone into the situation not knowing what to expect.

Erik (NJ): Everette, there's been a lot of talk of you as a 3-4 OLB, but has any team approached you about playing LB in a 4-3?

Everette Brown: Yeah, through interviews at the combine, some teams like me as a LB in a 4-3 system. It would be a little different personnel in their scheme.

Steiny (NYC): Everette, whenever players get asked if there is any team in particular that they want to get drafted by, they say I just want to get drafted. You can tell us the truth here. Is there one team that you would love to play for this season?

Everette Brown: Honestly, it will sound like a broken record. The first team that wants to pick me, I will be more then happy to go to and win a world championship.

Everette Brown: But Detroit at No. 1 sounds good.

Will (Oregon): I'm a big fan of yours. I loved watching you play at FSU. I've heard you going anywhere from like No. 9 overall to even the first pick to the Lions. What would you think about going No. 1 overall?

Everette Brown: Well, obviously going No. 1 overall would be a great achievement. I'm just preparing myself to be the best player and best teammate and go to the team that needs me.

Travis (Jacksonville, Fl): You were a sack machine last year, how do you think the speed of the NFL will effect next year?

Everette Brown: I think just from going from high school to college was a big change of speed. But at FSU the style that we played, the speed of the game will be one htat I will be able to get used to real quick, without it really effecting my game.

Dave (Green Bay): Mr. Brown, are you a big city guy, or a small town sort of person?

Everette Brown: Well, I grew up in a small town. Eastern North Carolina in the country. There's nothing like the country.

Tom (DC): There's a lot of talk about this defensive end group. Where do you think you stack up against the other guys?

Everette Brown: I think all of us, the DEs, bring different intangibles to the table. From what I bring from a pass rushing to teammate to speed sets me apart. Teams see that on film at the combine and at the workouts.

Rickey (Chicago): Everette, I've heard some people say that they thought your combine workout wasn't as good as they thought you could do. What do you think about that? How do you think you did?

Everette Brown: I did well at the combine. I prepared myself for the combine and went out and showcased my talent. I built a lot of momentum going into pro day.

Travis (Jacksonville, Fl): You are from North Carolina, and I know you went to FSU, but Duke, UNC: Who ya got?

Everette Brown: Well, I grew up with Carolina fans with Michael Jordan. It's going to be a good game. I'm a Carolina guy.

Jerrod, Thomasville, GA: What up Big Show, I loved watching you the past couple of years in Tally and was wondering who are gonna be some playmakers on the Noles D next year? Thanks, God Bless, and good luck.

Everette Brown: Yeah. When I decided to leave FSU, I knew we had guys that were good leaders and a lot of talent on that team. We'll be a better team next year. Dakota Watson and others will be able to lead the team and keep Florida state on the right track.

Matt J (Greenwich, CT): What type of team would you rather be drafted by: a playoff team where you might not get as much playing time or a rebuilding team where you would probably get a good amount of playing time?

Everette Brown: I don't think playing time would be a deciding factor. Whatever team needs me, I will be ready to go to and compete for a starting job.

Terry (Phoenix): Do you listen to what people in the media say about you?

Everette Brown: Well, you hear a lot of it coming from different sources. I don't get into that. I continue to prepare myself to be the best playera and person that I can be.

Dave (Green Bay): Did you ever play LB in High School? Or have you always had your "hand in the dirt?"

Everette Brown: I played LB, OLB and MLB my junior year in high school for about half the season.

Brandon (Florida): Everette, as a fellow Nole I know how hard it is to leave FSU. What are you going to miss most about Florida State?

Everette Brown: If I would say anything, I would say the family atmosphere there that Coach Bowden creates throughout the coaching staff and the players.

DJ Cuse: What was the reaction when Myron Rolle won the Rhodes scholorship? Did the guys bust on him for being a future neuro surgeon?

Everette Brown: We didn't give him a hard time at all. We all congratulated him. It's great for him as a person, his family and FSU. He will have great success.

James Howell (Indianapolis): Who is your biggest idol on the football field? Why?

Everette Brown: I would say Lawrence Taylor. His style and tenacity he played with. How reckless and dominant he was.

Pete C (Newark DE): How much has Coach Bowden helped you through this whole draft process?

Everette Brown: Coach Bowden, the first thing he told me after I made my decision was that he was behind me 100%. Anything I needed, to give him a call and he would assist me. I've talked to him. Going through the draft process so far has been good. His door is always open.

Otto (CA): Has Mike Singeltary and the 49ers shown any interest in your services? We've been looking for a consistent pass rusher since Charles Haley was here.

Everette Brown: I met with the 49ers at the combine and the interview went really well. They did express that they need a pass rusher. I fit tha tbill really well.

Everette Brown: I just want to thank you for joining me on the ESPN chat. You can look for me in the near future at a city near you.

Archived