• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sincerely pleased with the loss

ctrcat

Original PSL holder here. I hold no loyalty to Cam, Rivera, or anyone else. My loyalty is to this city, state, region, and franchise. I want the Lombardi Trophy here someday (hopefully soon), and I don't like losing.

After the firing of Hurney however and the realization that Rivera is gone after this year anyway, not to mention the 1-5 start, my focus changed from this year to next year and beyond. I was very happy to see our energy, effort, and the fact that we pounded one of the best teams in football on their home field. I am also pleased with the loss today.

With Rivera gone anyway, I want our new GM, coach, and franchise QB (who I still believe can be the GOAT), to have as many assets as possible moving forward. Building a "winning culture" here this year (and a middle of the first round pick) does nothing when Rivera is gone anyway. I would much rather have the premium draft picks at this point, which can be used for game changers or multiple picks/additional assets.

I simply do not think we're further away from the Lombardi than we were 24 hours ago, we're closer. This Panther fan is sincerely pleased with this result all the way around, and is hoping for similar results in the last 9 games. JMHO.

Original PSL holder here. I hold no loyalty to Cam, Rivera, or anyone else. My loyalty is to this city, state, region, and franchise. I want the Lombardi Trophy here someday (hopefully soon), and I don't like losing.

After the firing of Hurney however and the realization that Rivera is gone after this year anyway, not to mention the 1-5 start, my focus changed from this year to next year and beyond. I was very happy to see our energy, effort, and the fact that we pounded one of the best teams in football on their home field. I am also pleased with the loss today.

With Rivera gone anyway, I want our new GM, coach, and franchise QB (who I still believe can be the GOAT), to have as many assets as possible moving forward. Building a "winning culture" here this year (and a middle of the first round pick) does nothing when Rivera is gone anyway. I would much rather have the premium draft picks at this point, which can be used for game changers or multiple picks/additional assets.

I simply do not think we're further away from the Lombardi than we were 24 hours ago, we're closer. This Panther fan is sincerely pleased with this result all the way around, and is hoping for similar results in the last 9 games. JMHO.

Nice post. I'll agree on all counts.

we had like 450 total offense. Defens was all over Cutler most of the game. This against a 5-1 team on the road. And you don´t think we fielded a good product?

No, lets tank the season, fire the coach and start over again. The is the way to build a winner. Just ask the Browns...

To be honest I f**king hate losing. My heart hurts from watching so many close game be lost by poor execution on defense and offense and I just feel let down all week. Sadly, I'll keep watching because I'm a Panthers fan even if they play like turds or win the Super Bowl. I hate fair weather fans as much as I hate Saints and Falcons fans because they are one in the same to me. In the end, I don't mind losing as long as we don't get butt raeped because a high draft pick will only make this team better, it's just ridiculous how talented this team is to let execution get in the way of beating teams.

Should never be pleased with a loss. That mentality is bad mojo. We've proven that we have the talent to push two of the best teams in the NFL right now to the final seconds on the road. We have the players, we don't have the leadership. An early draft spot only goes so far...

we had like 450 total offense. Defens was all over Cutler most of the game. This against a 5-1 team on the road. And you don´t think we fielded a good product?

No, lets tank the season, fire the coach and start over again. The is the way to build a winner. Just ask the Browns...

For sure we are not going to tank, that's not what professionals do. Having Cam gives us something the Browns (and many other teams considering Cam's potential) have never had. If the season ended today, we might even be able to dupe them into giving us additional assets for Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, etc.

Go Browns! Jaguars! Raiders! Chiefs!

Should never be pleased with a loss. That mentality is bad mojo. We've proven that we have the talent to push two of the best teams in the NFL right now to the final seconds on the road. We have the players, we don't have the leadership. An early draft spot only goes so far...

This was true until the GM was canned. The coach IS next, regardless!!! Our next GM and coach need those draft spots. Again JMO.

Moral victories don't count towards our W/L record.

Archived