• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who was your Team before 1995

MashDaddy

This is just a falcon fan trying to prove this stupid opinion they have on AFMB that most Panther fans were Falcon fans first. Get this I've lived in charlotte for 30 years I don't know one Falcon fan. This was the Redskin market we saw nothing but NFCE games. Only NFCW games were when the 49ers were playing. The Falcon sucked we didn't watch your games. I still don't know any falcon fans here. When you don't put 2 back too back winning season together in 40-50 years you don't get much press. I knew more about Prime Time then I did the Falcons. He was bigger star then the team.

And the poker thing isn't all that strange, the amount of interest in pro poker from non-professionals has skyrocketed in the past 10 years so they're going to show what people want to see.

I don't doubt what you are saying, I just think it's a little weird for a sports network to show something that isn't a sport in my opinion. But it's no biggie, they have about a bazillion ESPNs now (also something they didn't have back in the day) so they have the ESPN news channel to go to when one doesn't want to be bothered with poker or whatever.

Media Capital of the U.S....Atlanta??? Just maybe....and yes this Post was made in reference to a thread started by someone saying DO YOU HATE THE FALCONS....then referring to us as redneck and incest...So I came to see how many of you USE TO BE Rednecks if thats how you see us now....That was the only reason i made this thread....an as far as conversation goes I would be better off going to a retired home and taking to a old woman with alzheimer's disease then to talk to you people

That's because her mind is so altered that you understand one another. Try going to the pound. I'll bet you could get a real bull session going there.

Lots of sports stations and sports packages now .

Guess poker could be a sport now .

But back then way back Sports was on Wide World Of Sports

Heck the only NASCAR race was the Daytona 500

N F L was a 12:game and a 4:00 game

All the rest were READ the box scores in Mondays paper

M L B was a Saturday game of the week

I remember watching Don Merdith Q B the COWBOYS

way before Mon Night Football

i grew up seeing braves fans but not falcons fans. i guess people wanted to be fans of teams that were actually good.

growing up in myrtle beach and then in the foothills of NC i saw mainly redskins, steelers, and cowboys fans.

personally i was torn between the steelers (my family was from PA) and the LA rams (i was born in los angelas) was but i was also a big john riggins fan growing up. as far as the falcons? they were about as popular as the bucs.

btw....neg repped on the smack talk the troll OP posted in this thread. lame falcon fan coming in here trying to call panther fans illegitimate. are you that desperate for fans that you have to go to fans of other teams and try to find out why you were abandoned?

ibtm to the smack forum.

Hidden

Media Capital of the U.S....Atlanta??? Just maybe....and yes this Post was made in reference to a thread started by someone saying DO YOU HATE THE FALCONS....then referring to us as redneck and incest...So I came to see how many of you USE TO BE Rednecks if thats how you see us now....That was the only reason i made this thread....an as far as conversation goes I would be better off going to a retired home and taking to a old woman with alzheimer's disease then to talk to you people
wasn't that an old old thread? did you just come in here looking for panther fans talking bad about their rival? what did you expect?

this was the post i neg repped. lets send this troll to the smack forum where he can keep on with his drivel.

First honest answer of the day...besides the one earlier who admitted to be a falcon Fan

I'm not quite sure what the point of this thread you've created is? You come on here and ask people who their team was before 1995 and then tell us that no one is telling the truth? Do you really want to know or were you just looking for a way to bash people?

I can certainly see how people can change teams when a new team comes to their area... as MANY others have stated, which for some reason you vehemently disagree with, a lot of people in central and eastern NC were Redskins fans... I know in my dad's case it was because that's the only team they got to watch growing up. I pulled for the Redskins growing up just because my dad did, but didn't really watch a lot of football until the late 90's when my boss, who had Panthers season tickets, started letting me go to a couple of games each year. I became a Panther's fan about that time and a die-hard Panther's fan in 2002 when I really started watching games on TV every Sunday.

Is your point that we're not "true" fans or as much of a fan of you because some of us "changed" to be Panther's fans later in life?

Archived