• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who was your Team before 1995

MashDaddy

That not what I said at all. I said that Atlanta had a small fanbase with no exposure. People follow what they see on television and that was the Redskins. True they won and were popular. Everyone is a bandwagon fan at some point which is when they became interested in football or a particular team. Whether that happens early as a child or later. You were a bandwagoner for Atlanta and then grew into perhaps a diehard fan. On the other hand if you are a true fan go to AFMB and bug them.

Did you come to stir the pot or want real conversation. If it is the former,then go to Smack. If not then discuss it in an mature manner if you can.

Media Capital of the U.S....Atlanta??? Just maybe....and yes this Post was made in reference to a thread started by someone saying DO YOU HATE THE FALCONS....then referring to us as redneck and incest...So I came to see how many of you USE TO BE Rednecks if thats how you see us now....That was the only reason i made this thread....an as far as conversation goes I would be better off going to a retired home and taking to a old woman with alzheimer's disease then to talk to you people

Most people in NC were Redskins fans before 1995. Plain and simple. My dad was a Falcons fan growing up, so I went with the Falcons as well, I've never looked back. Games that don't effect the Falcons, I still pull for the Panthers, they're like my #2 team, which is odd since they're in the same division.

My brother and mom went with the Panthers over the Falcons, so we've got family hostilities now.

People follow what they see on television and that was the Redskins.

I was gonna say. I think this must be a kid of the modern age only. Back in the day, there were no internets, NFLN, Sunday Ticket or anything like that. There was about 1/32nd the amount of info there is out now on the NFL. What they chose to put on in your local area was all you got. There was no Sunday night football even. I used to have subscriptions to sports magazines like TSN and that was about it as far as coverage for any team other than what was on TV.

Growing up I was rasied as and in some ways still am a Steelers fan. Obviously they're my second team behind the Panthers and I don't follow them as much as I probably should but they were my first love if you will.

Growing up I was rasied as and in some ways still am a Steelers fan. Obviously they're my second team behind the Panthers and I don't follow them as much as I probably should but they were my first love if you will.

Nothing wrong with that. In 1994, Deion left the Falcons, went to the 49ers, I was a 49ers fan that year. Plus Ricky Watters was a fuging beast in Madden 95.

I was gonna say. I think this must be a kid of the modern age only. Back in the day, there were no internets, NFLN, Sunday Ticket or anything like that. There was about 1/32nd the amount of info there is out now on the NFL. What they chose to put on in your local area was all you got. There was no Sunday night football even. I used to have subscriptions to sports magazines like TSN and that was about it as far as coverage for any team other than what was on TV.

Exactly. It was a very rare treat if you ever got to actualy go to a game. Most people never did. Usually it was the radio and the TV if it was being regionallly televised since people here weren't in the local market. Reading the newspaper watching the news or TV were it. Of course most everyone here was a Redskins fan. Those that followed the Falcons were the ones not following the crowd.

Hell, I remember before cable and when we got cable and how excited I was to get SportsCenter (Yes Berman had hair at one point!). lol

Back then, ESPN had weird ish like Australian rules football and some weird karate type deal (full contact or something??)too. Of course they have POKER now, so still weird.

Hell, I remember before cable and when we got cable and how excited I was to get SportsCenter (Yes Berman had hair at one point!). lol

Back then, ESPN had weird ish like Australian rules football and some weird karate type deal (full contact or something??)too. Of course they have POKER now, so still weird.

Back then ESPN actually used to show sports most of the time as well, and were trying to introduce people to new sports in the hope of getting them interested and therefore driving up the ratings for the network. And the poker thing isn't all that strange, the amount of interest in pro poker from non-professionals has skyrocketed in the past 10 years so they're going to show what people want to see.

Archived