• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who was your Team before 1995

MashDaddy

Granted I live in NC not SC, but I've never met a single Falcons fan in this state. Ever. I knew one in college, but she was from GA. Not saying there aren't any, I may just be lucky.

Come to western NC......you will or even the piedmont

Granted I live in NC not SC, but I've never met a single Falcons fan in this state. Ever. I knew one in college, but she was from GA. Not saying there aren't any, I may just be lucky.

This. My dad was a skins fan so when we watched games together that's what we got. I was too young to really be into football at the time but when we got a team in-state he dropped the skins. Pretty much everyone I know who was a football fan before the Panthers came was a skins fan and there's really no shame in switching your allegiance when you get a team in your home state.

Come to western NC......you will or even the piedmont

I live in Raleigh and have yet to meet a Falcons or former Falcons fan

This. My dad was a skins fan so when we watched games together that's what we got. I was too young to really be into football at the time but when we got a team in-state he dropped the skins. Pretty much everyone I know who was a football fan before the Panthers came was a skins fan and there's really no shame in switching your allegiance when you get a team in your home state.

their is.....your dad would be the one...Since you was younger you could pass...but your dad prolly was a fan for YEARS....

I live in Raleigh and have yet to meet a Falcons or former Falcons fan

to bad thats not considered Western NC....and open your eyes were around...lol

to bad thats not considered Western NC....and open your eyes were around...lol

you said the Piedmont. I'm sure there are some Falcons fans around, most of them probably from Georgia, they're all just too embarrassed to admit it.

And what exactly is wrong with changing your team allegiance when your state gets a team? Before Carolina got the Hurricanes I pulled for the Caps, but I don't pull for them now. When we lost the Hornets I became a Mavericks fan, but I'm a big Bobcats fan now.

People here were Redskins fans because the Falcons were largely lousy in the western division with no exposure and no real rivalries. The Redskins had a run of Superbowls and highly competitive teams in an intense division with big time rivalries with Dallas, Philly, and New York. Big markets- storied franchises. They were on the TV every week and Atlanta wasn't.

Truth is that the Falcons have developed more fans from coming to the South and developing rivalries with the Panthers, Saints and Tampa. Before that they were the poor relations to the Redskins and got little TV press in comparison.

Me I wasn't a Redskins fan, I pulled for Philly. Do I still root for them when they play anyone but the Panthers, of course. But the Panthers are here, I see the games and have grown to love them from underdog to division winner.

Don'r know how many folks here were Falcon fans. I doubt there are that many.

you said the Piedmont. I'm sure there are some Falcons fans around, most of them probably from Georgia, they're all just too embarrassed to admit it.

And what exactly is wrong with changing your team allegiance when your state gets a team? Before Carolina got the Hurricanes I pulled for the Caps, but I don't pull for them now. When we lost the Hornets I became a Mavericks fan, but I'm a big Bobcats fan now.

True Fans Set HIGH Standards.....I got High Standard....This state got its own team and that didnt change my mind one bit

People here were Redskins fans because the Falcons were largely lousy in the western division with no exposure and no real rivalries. The Redskins had a run of Superbowls and highly competitive teams in an intense division with big time rivalries with Dallas, Philly, and New York. Big markets- storied franchises. They were on the TV every week and Atlanta wasn't.

Truth is that the Falcons have developed more fans from coming to the South and developing rivalries with the Panthers, Saints and Tampa. Before that they were the poor relations to the Redskins and got little TV press in comparison.

Me I wasn't a Redskins fan, I pulled for Philly. Do I still root for them when they play anyone but the Panthers, of course. But the Panthers are here, I see the games and have grown to love them from underdog to division winner.

Don'r know how many folks here were Falcon fans. I doubt there are that many.

Thats like saying you like the Yankees then....lol....You choose a team for is exposure?? wow thats even worse....Thats like saying you been a fan of a team AFTER they win a Championship and going out and buying a cap....Thats what majority of the Dallas fans are BANDWAGON....and now you admit that people like the skins cause they won...lol

ok, the Falcons were lousy except for 1978, 80, 91, and 95.

That's having high standards right there

High standards for being a TRUE Fan.....has nothing to do with wins.....but I will say we did hand Carolina its first defeat...and you forgot 1998 =-)

High standards for being a TRUE Fan.....has nothing to do with wins.....but I will say we did hand Carolina its first defeat...and you forgot 1998 =-)

I was only listing times before the Panthers were here and not counting the expansion season

No...Im justing seeing as to why people who are NOW die-hard Panthers fans now hate the elite Atlanta Falcons....when they USE TO BE Falcon Fans....just seeing why they turned in their Fan Card..thats all

not everyone was falcons fans. i'd say most in eastern nc were redskin fans or of some other team from another area. lots of cowboys and steelers fans here too. me, i liked the raiders.

Thats like saying you like the Yankees then....lol....You choose a team for is exposure?? wow thats even worse....Thats like saying you been a fan of a team AFTER they win a Championship and going out and buying a cap....Thats what majority of the Dallas fans are BANDWAGON....and now you admit that people like the skins cause they won...lol

You do realize there was football before 1966 when the Falcons came into existence? Your true fan logic is bullshit.

Archived