• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who was your Team before 1995

MashDaddy

I do get a little more nervous when driving around with Panthers gear on the car since I moved to Indy, but glad they rarely play.

My car has a Panthers plate on it and after spending a week last year in Pittsburgh and Philly, while also wearing Panthers gear frequently during those two weeks, I can honestly say that if you aren't and ass to the local fans you really won't have much of a problem. I'd think it's be especially less likely to happen with Colts fans since they're generally not as boisterous.

I do get a little more nervous when driving around with Panthers gear on the car since I moved to Indy, but glad they rarely play.

If it was Oakland that you said you were driving in I'd understand why you'd be nervous but not Indy.

I liked all things Baltimore when I was a kid. The Colts, Os', and the Bullets. 2 of those 3 have left town. I have no use for the Indy Colts, and you can keep the (now) Wizards! I liked the 'Skins after the Colts bailed out, then when season tickets to the Panthers became a reality, they're my guys.

Being originally from the Charlotte area, before the mass influx of Northerners, most people were either Redskins or Cowboys' fans. I was a Redskins' fan (still my 2nd favorite team minus Snyder) and some of my family and friends were Cowboys' fans.

Now it seems Pittsburgh is the fan favorite besides the Panthers. Man, how times have changed!

The purlple peolpe eater's (Vikings) from the age of 9 until mention of the Carolina's getting a team; I wrote a letter to Chuck Foreman when I was 10 and got and autographed picture of him sent back; pretty cool!! Now I can't stand them!!

vatarheel

MashDaddy,Did you grow up in Asheville? I was born and raised in Hendersonville (East Henderson High School) class of 84'; you are right about the Falcon fans in that area, I knew plenty of them, but I was a Viking fan.

vatarheel

MashDaddy,Did you grow up in Asheville? I was born and raised in Hendersonville (East Henderson High School) class of 84'; you are right about the Falcon fans in that area, I knew plenty of them, but I was a Viking fan.

vatarheel

You may have to correspond to MashDaddy via PM now as I think he's been banished to the Smack forum for being a moron.

Grew up a Falcons fan. Now I can't stand them. If they ever went back to the old school red helmets and jerseys I might get a little soft spot for them again. Remind me of my childhood. But my blood has ran black, blue, and silver since 95!!

I was a die-hard skins fan from birth until I was about 14, then I didn't really follow the nfl too closely until around '95 when the panthers came to town and I picked it back up. I became a die-hard fan around 98. I guess I was in the alcoholic haze that was college, during the Panthers first few seasons.

Archived